Options

Electrical Question

kordokordo Member Posts: 230 ✭✭
Anyone know what one of the extra accessory switches (third from the left) on a 360 with red wire and brown stripe and second orange wire with purple stripe, power?  I can't trace the wires and when I turn the switch on, nothing seems to happen.  I've been told these particular accessory switches on the 360 are spares but wires as mentioned above are connected, so I'm confused.  If they are spares, where do the wires go since they don't appear to provide power to anything.  Anyone have experience with this?  It's a mystery.  Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive heard that the wires run thru the main harness to the rear of the boat for hooking up lights or pumps, etc.. Just have to know where they terminate
  • Options
    I'll check that, thanks.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are spare switches and wires ... for add ons. Rinker doesn't run wires custom according to order. They just throw the same harness in no matter what, and so you should have spare wires ... I found a couple in the engine compartment of my boat and used them for other things.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    I have a 2005 320 so it may not be the same. The power feed is not connected but tied off at the breaker panel to the right lower section of the helm. Just plug it in and it will power up the switch. Then follow the two blue wires as they will be tie strapped behind the console. I used this switch to power up my gps and mercury gateway. Works great   
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red with a brown tracer is a cockpit washdown pump. It goes to the engine room and is tied off somewhere.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Will crawl around the engine room next week and try to find the wires.  Thank you gentlemen.
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭
    Just recently joined the forum - since we are about to close next week on a 2014 310EC. Very excited to become a member of the Rinker community!

My electrical follow-up question: The 310EC we are getting doesn't have a built-in grill - and we'd would like to add one, so according to the comments here -- the wiring harness for the grill should already be in place - and we would just need to hook it up if we get a grill?
  • Options
    The wires we are talking about are 12v and would not work for a grill.  Better to use the small propane grills than try to install an electrical grill.
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭
    I guess that's my question:

If they run full sets of 12v wiring harnesses - without the intention of using certain circuits because a given option wasn't ordered - would it not be the same for the 120v circuit wiring harnesses?
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the grill is 120VAC, the plug is probably mounted in the area where the grill would go.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    My cockpit fridge is 12v only but there is a 110v outlet for it in the space behind it.  There is also a breaker on the power panel.  If you have a breaker for the grill there is a good chance there is wiring for it.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    Magna platform mounted propane grill works great and keeps the smoke out of the boat!