Options

Gull island?

WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
I am heading out of Lake Erie in two weeks cruising up the Detroit river and north up through lake St. Clair.  We are stopping off at Gull Island for some fun in the sun boating schenanigans.  While up that way are there any neat stop offs, places you suggest checking out, fun bars or interesting bars?   Basically charting my trip out, what else aside from the party is there?  Any chance of a lock up in that area, I’ve always wanted to go through one.  Not sure why.  I want to do one of the railway ones. 
2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

Comments

• Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Is your trip during jobbie nooner lol

anyway no locks but lots of bars 
    stop by at sinbads on the river for good brunch or good seafood and steak
    go to Jefferson beach marina 
    it has two restaurants/ bars
    brownies and water mark

Head to middle channel for some fun at browns on harsens island

last few are on Clinton river which you can take all the way up to mount Clemens 
    which is filled with bars etc

Free city docks with power 
    trip takes about 1hr up river due to no wake

try island grill down in swan creek

FYI 
    gull island is pretty much under water these days but you can still hand there
    maybe you should go
    to little moot via big moot entrance. 
    check out the channel lights in the same area 

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    There isn't much "island" at Gull these days due to how high the water is.  

Brown's Bar on Harsen's Island is a good stop.  It's on the Middle Channel.  Or you can head over to St. Clair Shores and visit Brownie's or Mike's on the Water. 

Depending on the day you're in LSC we could try to have an impromptu Rinker-vous.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have fun Wild! We went up to MacRay and back last year. We made stops at Gross Point Yacht Club and loved it, also enjoyed Detroit Yacht Club. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Dont go to Gull Island. The water is too deep now. Go to Little Moot
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    We were stopping through for Jobbie Nooner, I’m kinda rethinking this right now with the cold temps and high water we may wait till September for the 2nd party. 
    2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

• Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Jobbie is not a "stop by" kind of day. If the weather is decent the entire island will be surrounded by boats, and extremely difficult to get close to. We're planning on having 2-3 boats tied up on the south side of the island, close to where the volleyball court is. We are going to be there at 8-9am in hopes of getting close to shore. The high water is gonna make anchoring out pretty darn difficult.

Its an awesome party, but one you have to prep for.

JN2 isnt anywhere near as busy, but still a riot. I'll be going to that too, so if you decide to go to that let me know. We could tie up no problem.

Also if its a normal Saturday or Sunday, Little Muscamoot bay is where everyone goes now. You can get into waist deep water and its a nice sandy bottom. Its usually where we go, and its as crazy or chill as you want it to be.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3