Options

Camshaft Sensor or Crankshaft Sensor

ck3545ck3545 Member Posts: 5
2007 262BR with Mercruiser 350 Mag (0W672409).  Have soft alarm going off.  Took to dealer to have it scanned and they advised it was the Camshaft Sensor on the scan paperwork but when speaking with them they kept saying Crankshaft Sensor.  Shop is at least 4 weeks out so I was going to order the sensor myself and take to another mechanic that can get to it within the next few days.  I looked up the engine diagram and it is not showing a camshaft sensor just an oil pressure sensor (881879T11) under the cam area of the diagram.  It does however show a crankshaft sensor.  Even typing in google "Mercruiser camshaft sensor" the first part that comes up is actually the crankshaft sensor.  I know some years there isn't a camshaft sensor only a crankshaft sensor.  Could the dealer just have misquoted camshaft and meant crankshaft as there is no camshaft sensor on this motor or is there actually both sensors on the 07.

Best Answers

• Options
    ck3545ck3545 Member Posts: 5
    Answer ✓
    Ok I really appreciate, I was a little confused when the paperwork was showing one thing but verbally the dealer was saying something else.  The boat will run but cuts out intermittently.  If it is the sensor itself and not the wiring going into the sensor (read to check that as well) will a Crank Relearn Procedure need to be done with the scanner?

Answers