Options

On the look again.....

jbschmalz23jbschmalz23 Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
After going to the Miami boat show, we got the idea of selling our 280 and getting a 360. Upgraded early last year, then shortly after, found we were moving with a job promotion. Had someone wanting to buy the 360, so turned around and sold it. Have been boatless since. But, did get moved and settled in, and have a membership at a new boat club. We planned on waiting until this winter to shop around, but it's killing us not having a boat! I can't bring myself to look at anything but Rinker (I am 6'4" - need the cabin headroom!) We've decided a 310 would be the best fit. Our new boat club keeps the boats on trailers in a building for winter storage. A trailer for a 310 should be an easy find. And would really like to have the axius option. If anyone knows of any out there at a deal - pass it along to me! We've looked at a few - but my wife and I are a little OCD and are noticing not everyone cares for their boats the way we do, LOL! My 3 year old asks everyday, if we can get another boat, and my one year old hasn't got to experience boating yet. Miss posting on here, and finding new projects to start! Hope everyone is well! Happy Boating!

Comments

• Options
    Yes, just something to sit on for the winter and taking in and out of the water at the boat club.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Welcome back!  I had an older (2002) 310 and it was a fantastic boat!!  Had it for 7 years with my kids around the same age as yours.  Perfect boat!!  Good luck and keep us posted!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Thanks! The 360 was awesome but a lot of boat. We loved our 280. The 310 seems like a perfect fit. (I sound like Goldilocks and the theee bears! Lol) we looked at a few 310s. My wife is as picky as I am. Some had faded and scratched countertops and needed some seat repairs. Does anyone know if the countertops can be ordered and replaced? And for the seats, I’m guessing a good upholstery place can probably work on those things. The one we sea trialed yesterday was coming up with a misfire on the vessel view and one of the drives was low on oil. Would probably need a good survey on that one. Don’t mind doing some work if the deal is right. 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a 342 and grow into it
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    I believe the corian counters can be sanded to a new finish. Upholstery can definitely be redone. I just had a couple seats done. I'll see if there are any for sale in my marina. They used to be a rinker dealer, so lots if rinkers.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jbschmalz23, are you still in WV? I will keep an eye out for you on any 310's that come up here. Is there a particular year that you are looking for? Glad to hear you are back at looking at boats.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Yes, still in WV. Parkersburg/ Marietta OH area. A lot more going on in the water here than where we were before, which has really prompted us to do some boat shopping. We were going to take a run to look at a 310 at fox chapel, but can’t bring myself to go look at a sea ray. Lol. 
  • Options
    nhsdnhsd Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    Are you at the Belpre yacht club or the Marietta one? I have a summer/retirement house in Waverly on the river which is where I do my boating.

Dave

2002 Captiva 212, 5.0 220 hp, Alpha 1, 1.62 gears

Moon Township, PA - boating in the Ohio River

• Options
    Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Hey @jbschmalz23:

Great weekend on your old boat last weekend.

https://youtu.be/A1NahZHui6c
  • Options
    Belpre club! Awesome. Maybe we’ll see you on the river this summer if we find a boat. Lol. Surprised to see someone local on here. 😁
  • Options
    @Dude_Himself - that’s one heck of a boat! Love seeing the pics you post. Amazing job on the waxing by the way. Looks like a new boat. So glad you and your family are enjoying it! 
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Yes, still in WV. Parkersburg/ Marietta OH area. A lot more going on in the water here than where we were before, which has really prompted us to do some boat shopping. We were going to take a run to look at a 310 at fox chapel, but can’t bring myself to go look at a sea ray. Lol. 

Dont do that 310 at Fox Chapel. It has 750 hours on it. I had a PA in place and then the sales manager stopped responding to my emails when it came time to head there and do the survey and inspection. 

Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    I was told by a sales man that used to work there to stay away. Lol. Found out the same thing. It was also lived on several months of each year in salt water in SC. 
  • Options
    Belpre club! Awesome. Maybe we’ll see you on the river this summer if we find a boat. Lol. Surprised to see someone local on here. 😁
    Born and raised in Vienna. Most of my family is in the area. Moved to Pittsburgh in 1984, but spend most vacations and holidays on the river down there (Waverly). Will be moving down permanently in about 18 months or so.

Dave

• Options
    gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    jbshmalz23, I'm putting up my 2013 310 for sale. 192 hrs every option inc axius 350 mercs, hardtop all new rear glass. Maintained oil every 30 hours, outdrives just serviced, impellers and belts at 162 incl Generator w only 12 hours
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gtyee said:
    jbshmalz23, I'm putting up my 2013 310 for sale. 192 hrs every option inc axius 350 mercs, hardtop all new rear glass. Maintained oil every 30 hours, outdrives just serviced, impellers and belts at 162 incl Generator w only 12 hours
    Did not see that coming, what a nice boat. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    @gytee, just sent you a message. 😁
  • Options
    @nhsd - that’s where we ended up moving to - Vienna. With my work, I cover the Parkersburg/ Marietta market and into Charleston sometimes, so we were flexible on where we moved. Fell in love with Vienna. 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JB - @gtyee bought my boat.

It has a ton of options that are not available on any other production EC 310 - before or after - all were approved by Randy Rinker and all were done - particularly the extra electrical boxes (110v and 12v) - by certified Mercruiser technicians. 

Most important of all - IMO - the first 10 hours of a boat's life determine about 80% of the rest. We spent over $1,000.00 on gas cruising up and down a big lake following TO THE LETTER Mercruiser's break-in schedule rpms mph - everything! 

Then at 20 hours we changed the oil filters, engine oil and drive oil. During the first year I had it the engine oil and filters were changed MULTIPLE times. The drive oil was also changed.

The entire hull was waxed before it ever hit the water and at the end of the season.

BEFORE the boat hit the water for the first time and at the end of the first season the drives were pulled and a Mercruiser alignment tool was used to confirm the drive/engine alignment specifications.

The model is awesome enough as it is (it accelerates and handles like a sports car)  but with all the extra options and the way it has been treated I doubt there has ever been a boat that was better looked after.

IMO it would be worth trucking it the length of the U.S.A. to get it.

Whoever gets this boat is one lucky boater!

This was the Admiral's favorite boat of all time and she has owned and been on a LOT of boats! 
  • Options
    @Michael T - I’ve always drooled over this boat when you posted pics and the pics gtyee has posted. It’s funny, we were about 20 minutes from his marina this weekend looking at another boat. It’s about a 6 hour ride for us, but we made a nice day out of it and took my two little ones to the zoo. It looks like we’ll be making the trip again this weekend. 😁 but it’s well worth the trip. It also helps knowing the boats history... huge selling point for me! 
  • Options
    JB - I warn you - if you take that boat out you are going to want it - real bad! LOL. It has an awesome cockpit layout - as I'm sure you know. The Admiral loved it for entertaining with the swivel helm, slide out setee and fold down rear seat. We had huge parties on it one time we had 12 family members. A guy beside me with a 38 foot sea ray raised a toast to us and said that's some cockpit! It also has the optional vacu flush toilet (with big orange) which is waaay better than the friggin' pedal units. I added outlets (110 and 12) all over the place for the Admiral's lap top and 12v accessories - wired into the panels properly. The skylight with shade is also awesome for starry nights or letting in the light during the day but the best part is those 350 mag B llls with Axius. It goes like a bat out of h*ll yet a 10 year old could dock it in a wind. It's just a totally awesome boat from every perspective. I even put a 110v outlet in a cabinet to install a sat TV box if I got a SAT dome. IMO it would be one of the best purchases of your life. 
  • Options
    BTW - the seating is special order fabric - Diamante Frost. Super durable, easier to clean and IMO really "cool" looking. We specified it for our EC 360 and I was told it is the only EC 360 ever made with that seat fabric. Everyone who sat on it - it doesn't stick to you like other fabrics - loved it. I can't remember all of the options there were too many - including one of a kind customs!
  • Options
    Appreciate the info! It’s made my night getting his post that he was selling. I think the 310 is a perfect fit for us. We talked to a few boat dealers today and actually had some conversations about Chapparal’s, because we were having trouble finding a 310 with the right options....so glad I don’t have to leave the Rinker family, as I’ve come to love the brand and the people on here are always so helpful. 
  • Options
    @jbschmalz23...good luck.....words of advice from an old geezer -  keep your mind on the road during that long 6 hour drive - arrive safe. You can dream about that boat for years to come! LOL 
  • Options
    LOL - my mind is already running. Can’t wait to get back on the water. We’ve missed it. 
  • Options
    PM me with an e.mail address for you and I'll send you some pics and info - IF you want!
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If my wife knew that GT's 310 was for sale, she would have put me in the car to drive to Chicago in a hot second. Shh... Don't tell her. Let's get JB back on the water.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Well it looks like I will have to keep my eyes out for a beautiful black & white 310 on the river this summer (if the river ever settles down - it is way up again I see)! Sounds like a great boat.

Dave

• Options
    @nhsd it is the most unique, optioned-out and best treated 2013EC 310 ever (IMO)..... as for how beautiful it is .....the pictures speak for themselves.
  • Options
    Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Where are these pictures? I want the fever!