Options

Constant Alarm at WOT

ck3545ck3545 Member Posts: 5
2007 262BR with Mercruiser 350 Mag, Bravo 3, 125 hours.  Had 2 beep every minute alarm.  Took to dealer to have it scanned and it was found that the throttle position sensor and crankshaft position sensor were causing the fault.  I replaced both sensors along with a new cap and rotor.  Still have the 2 beep alarm which I figured I would until the codes were cleared.  When I took it out after replacing those items I went WOT and it went to constant alarm and felt like power was down but it did not go into guardian mode.  If I stay less than 4000 rpms it runs great.  All fluids are good and gauges are reading normal.  Its not overheating, impeller was changed last month.  Any suggestions before I take it back to the dealer.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    ck3545ck3545 Member Posts: 5
    Could be low pressure on the raw water side. See: Encountering faults thread
    Ok thank you, I will check that this weekend.  Is there any way to clear the codes without a scan tool.  I have seen different ways of doing it but all seem to be on older models (such as the paperclip/killswitch 5 times).  I have a buddy that is a GM mechanic and he told me I can disconnect the battery and to touch the positive and negative battery cables together for 30 mins and the system should be reset.  Motor serial number 0W672409.
  • Options
    CraiglasnierCraiglasnier Member Posts: 12
    Make sure you have no debris in the heat exchanger. Depending on where you boat, small shells can collect in the pick up area, they get sucked up crushed by the empeller, then they make there way up and block passages in the heat exchanger. Been there done that.