Out Drive Trim 2003 Rinker 342 FV

BrianRBrianR Member Posts: 12
So, I didn't look very hard into it yet but my starboard outdrive will not go up all the way. It gets roughly half way up then just stops. It will go back down, it's not getting stuck up. I do not hear the motor that raises and lowers it when it does stop. The port side is fine and I hear the motor working the entire time. I wasn't sure if the sensors on the side of the outdirve have any affect on this or if it's maybe a wiring issue (i.e. bad ground). Anyone have any experience with this issue? Any input will help. Thank you!
2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee

Comments

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The limit switch on the drive will cut the pump off once the limit is hit.  

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you are pushing the trim switch all the way in to bring the drive full up. Pushing the trim switch halfway in will only bring the drive up to where the limit is set.
    2008 330EC
  • davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    Easiest test to to try and put that drive into Trailer position (all the way up) by pushing down **** the switch.  if it goes past the spot that it would normally then it is definitely the limit switch is out of adjustment. 
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!