Options

The admiral loves her power!

Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
So we've blown the main shore power 30a breaker on the panel the last two Saturday nights while making dinner. At first I was concerned but then I looked at what we/she had running: Range, Large electric grill, water heater & microwave all while both fridges and ice maker, and of course battery charger are on. Well exceeding the 4000 or so watts it would take to blow a 30 amp breaker. We had a discussion on spacing things out a little  :)
07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

Comments

• Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Get two separate cables and move away from the y splitter
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife has done the same, turn on the AC also. In all reality it should run it all but it will not. 3 things at one time is enough. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ......gotta love those Admirals! Guys.....you bring them to the water you had better give them all the power they want. LOL I had nieces and grand daughters onboard - hair dryers, curling irons etc.etc. the friggin' shore power cord was glowing! Ha Ha. 

• Options
    zaverin1 said:
    Get two separate cables and move away from the y splitter
    We are on a y splitter at the boat but it’s the panel shore main on the boat that’s blowing, not the dock breaker. Still the y would change things?

• Options
    it is funny, she says she doesn’t need comforts but within minutes of dropping the hook I hear “turn on the genny, I want to make toast and the dog is hot and needs to go down below”  :D

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .....happy Admiral better boating......happy dog - well that is man's best friend - right?!
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    We had 6 years of weekends on the hook without a genny.  Now that we have one it's pretty much used in the morning for about 30 minutes to top off batteries, heat water for showers, and maybe run the microwave.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do they use the microwave, hair dry ,vacuum and toaster at the same time. I was washing the boat Sunday after an awesome weekend on the hook. And she pop the breaker on the pole, some thing is wrong she says no green like on the panel ( she knows green oh just like home)
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Dont be **** Renee!
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry I hopped down and quickly filpped the breaker and said alset honey. o:)
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct