can;t find source for rinker pinstripe

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greatlakesskipper.com has some. Most of us has removed it. Looks outdated
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.vinylstriping.com/

++ on Handy’s comment. The gold is just an old look. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My boat is tan/white....don't you have to have something for the transition?
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    My boat is tan/white....don't you have to have something for the transition?
    The only real reason for the stripe on a wide color boat was to hide any flaws in the line between the white and, in your case, tan. If the line wasn't perfect when they laid the gel, it would be very noticeable. Chances are, it would look fine without the boot stripe.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options

My new / updated model letters. Gold leaf gone and was at the end of its life. 

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    @Black_Diamond I went the other direction.  The PO had removed the model stickers.  Before I found replacements on GLS I had a local vinyl place match the font and make flat replacements.

FWIW if I had to do over I'd just get the oval 342 badges for the radar arch and call it good. 

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    I considered the 342 badge on the arch too. These cover up most of the old letters that left behind their outline from the sun. 

Once I had the old ones off, I thought it looked good without them. Already had the replacements tho.  Live and learn. lol

now onto the pinstripe: either solid black (blue now w/gold) or go without.  Sun had beat up the pinstriping. 

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took mine off . At first you could see faded portion now a month later very hard to tell. 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct