Options

Big Chute Railway Down for repairs

WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
Lock 44 on the Trent Severn waterway connecting Lake Simcoe to Georgian Bay.
On a scorching hot weekend like this one, boaters are usually lined up near Lock 44 on the Trent-Severn Waterway....

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)

Comments

• Options
    GreggGregg Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    Were you up that way this weekend Willhound ? Very nice weekend to be out on Simcoe. Water is warming up.
  • Options
    No. I worked this weekend @Gregg but managed to get out for dinner on the water and a quick swim tonight. Just got back. Just stayed down in Cooks Bay. 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The loopers are probably lined up for miles. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Could be. The system is pretty good at communicating. You can opt for updates via tweets, email and info is posted on the website. Anybody travelling has digital access these days. And if course, Notices to Shipping via BUD. Judging from the lack of traffic mentioned in the story inside of the system at places like the Waubic I think a lot of the big boys caught wind of the issue and are hanging out in the bigger water up in Georgian Bay and some down here in Simcoe and at Orillia. I have noticed a few large raft ups in the evenings that include boats that are obviously on tour. Big 40 and 50 footers with dinghy' s and bikes hanging off them. Of course, we see those every year. Does make a huge contribution every summer to those little towns, marinas and businesses along the route. That's always been one of the justifications for continuing to support a system that doesn't even come close to covering costs. We always get the people complaining about their tax dollars supporting a system that's used for a "rich" man's hobby. But on the other hand it is a big economic boost and is also used by large numbers of locals and cottagers on the system.