Options

2004 Rinker fiesta Vee

yetiyeti Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
I recently did a little Bondo fill on some gouges out of my swim platform.  Want to do some painting.  My question is do Rinkers have paint codes? If so, where are they?  Boat is white. Can it be purchased in a spray can or only for spray rig set up?

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bondi?? Why didnt you use gelcoat?
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    I agree, you need to use gelcoat to fill in scratches and nicks in the boat.  Go to spectrumcolor.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
     Not talking about scratches or nicks.  Talking about large gouges where fiberglass matt was showing.  Approximately 3/8” deep and 1” wide.  
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    @yeti bondo is not the typical fix for fiberglass. You really should go to a marine supply house and get fiberglass repair kit and then finish with a gel-goat repair..... Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    I think I’m a trend setter.   Bondo worked pretty good if I do say so myself.  Now that we have all that Bondo/gel coat talk out of the way, can anyone tell me if Rinker’s have paint codes? 
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Should have just asked for paint color and left the Bondo part out.  Lol.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rinker doesn’t have paint codes. They have gel coat codes from spectrum.  If you search the forum I posted a Home Depot paint match code that I did to buy a can of touch up paint for the radar arch on my previous boat a 2001 310 FV. Was the off white color that you probably have. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)