Options

Replacing manual pump head

i know there has been discussion on this but couldn’t find the info I need. I’m replacing with electric head and would like to know best place to pick up power for the new head. Run straight from batteries? I would think that would be best but I’m having trouble finding a path of access from the engine compartment to the head. We have an 05 270. Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    See if you have an unused (or even one labeled head/toilet) 12V breaker in your power panel.  I have one for the head.  Seems that's the place to put it.  I believe that panel gets 12V power from the house.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Straight from the batteries, for sure. I tried to use the vacflush 12V power next to the head, and it worked for 1 year ... after a while cable gets old, motor gets old and the amps go up, causing trips on the circuit, to the point where you can't use it anymore.  The issue is the electric heads come with built in macerators, that draw a lot of amps. Bought some heavy gauge wire, put on a good fuse, and ran it to a water proof switch which I installed in the head. Problem solved.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    laker83laker83 Member Posts: 11
    MarkB how did you fish the wires from the batteries to the head? That’s the problem I’m having..finding access way from point A to B
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Why can't you run it the same way the waste hose to the holding tank runs?
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3