Short voyages in changeable weather

dalekdalek Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
I have Duyputren's contracture of my left hand. Sounds worse than it is. Whilst everything else on my 270 is easy, I find reattaching the connector rather a faff, especially in high winds. Thus I have attempted to improvise a method of taking the boat out without bothering to remove it, but keeping it out of the way..
If the walk-through centre section is rolled up, both outer parts can be flipped over the top of the bimini and connected to the underneath of the arch, via straps I have made. All you need is some bungee cord, some electrical crimps, some heatshrink and some press studs. Only a few Dollars. The construction is pretty self explanatory. Also solves the problem of where to put the connector when your out on the water. Photo is before I cut them to length and attached the arch crimps. It may be a solution to a non existent problem for most of you, but I thought I would share anyway.

Comments

• StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting solution.  I had to think for a minute on how this would look because I don't normally take down the camper.  So if I flip up the center window there is no good way to keep it in place.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Very interesting!  I would love to see some pictures of it connected up.  I have a hardtop, but I do know others on my dock that may find it something worthwhile doing.  Thanks for the post!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• dalekdalek Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I tried to flip the connector over as one piece, but it's awkward and won't lay flat. The outside pieces tend to want to lay toward the centre of the bimini when their on top. I can't see any reason you couldn't affix the centre piece the same way if you don't want to roll it up. Will take a photo next time I go out.
    Post edited by dalek on