Rinker lengths

boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 797 ✭✭✭
So last week we listed our 1986 Sea Ray 250 Sundancer for sale and have had a few nibbles so started 'casually' looking for our next boat. The 270 is on our list as a prospect but noticed it seems the overall length of a 270 is 27'? Does Rinker include the swim platform in their measurements? Do all boat manufacturers do that now? Our boat is a 250 and is classified as a 25' boat but with the swim platform we are slightly over 27'. So in essence the 270 Rinker would be slightly shorter than ours since the Rinker swim platform is so much bigger than ours? The Rinker beam is much wider than ours (8'0") so that would help some. If that is the case then I may need to look at the 290's but not sure I really want twins.

EDIT: just looked up another 270 and it says overall length is 30' so the first one I saw must not have included the swim platform?

Comments

• dalekdalek Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    My 2003 270 is 30' 4" from front of anchor roller to back of swim platform.
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I believe depending on the year the LOA of a 270 is closer to 30.  My old 280 was 30' 2" LOA and had no swim platform to speak of.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rinker is known, I believe, for understating hull length. My 270 is about 27' at the working hull but just about 30' L.O.A.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 797 ✭✭✭
    Thanks! Just trying to keep in mind my slip size. The general rule at our marina is max 26' on finger slips. I'm at about 27 now but 2 boats away is 32' but I am on the end so probably more important to keep tucked in on the end slips. I can go bigger but then there may be a chance I don't have a slip the rest of this year if I can't stay in mine.
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I have a 2008 280EC and it is 31'6" LOA. I have a 24' slip and I can stretch to reach the front cleat when I back in. If you have a 26' slip, you will be fine backing in.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    I have a 2008 280EC and it is 31'6" LOA. I have a 24' slip and I can stretch to reach the front cleat when I back in. If you have a 26' slip, you will be fine backing in.
    Yeah it will technically fit but these are the owners rules. There are boats in front of us so he doesn't want ours sticking out too far
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't include the swim platform.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• jbschmalz23jbschmalz23 Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    You’re making the right move in upgrading from a sea ray to a Rinker. The 270 is a great layout and was a very popular boat! Good luck in your search. You’ll not be disappointed with the upgrade. We went to the Miami boat show last year. If I had a million dollars in my pocket to spend, I would have went right back to the Rinker dock. We looked at every brand of Cruiser they had to offer. 
  • F1100F1100 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    My 300 vee with the new platform is just over 36ft long
    1993 300 FIESTA VEE TWIN 5.7L ALPHA GEN 2
    Yeah. I have a few on the list but still early. Have a guy coming Saturday to look at it but I am not in a hurry to sell so will see what they say. I'm sticking to my guns on my price. In the 3+ years we have had it we haven't had a single issue. Won't be possible to get one more reliable so the looks and features will have to do it for us...lol