'Answered' questions

Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone know how to make a discussion you started show as 'answered'?  I've looked around but might be missing the obvious.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
PC BYC, Holland, MI

Comments

• BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    Once someone post a comment it should show answered

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wondered too. Sounds like it's an internal thing so the mods know someone/anyone has offered some type of acknowledgement which, although friendly enough, could be as irrelevant as "welcome to the forum" while the inquiry may not have actually been "answered" correctly or to the satisfaction of the OP.

:-?   :-?
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    It's something that's done automatically all I know to do is

CAPN STEVE

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be a neat feature for the OP to be able to tag it as 'answered'. 

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

edited June 2013

Ok, so here's how I see it.......

There is a drop-down arrow next to New Discussion in the upper left corner.  Select "Ask a Question."

Ask your question in the new thread.  When members answer, click on the options "gear" on the upper right of their answer.  A window pops up asking if the question was answered, not answered, or don't know.  If answered, the thread is tagged with Answered and a check mark appears right beside it.

Let's try it out!

Mark

2019 MTX20 Extreme

Oh, and any posts tagged as answered show at the top of the thread right under the original question under the heading "Best Answers."  Are Mods and the OP the only ones that can tag a post as a valid answer?

Mark

2019 MTX20 Extreme

edited June 2013
    After posting a Question thread,  a member replied.   At the bottom of his answer post,  I was able to click on a response to the "Did this answer your question?"   I also got a notification in my Inbox telling me that a member had posted an answer to my original question. 

Hope this answers your question!! 

Mark
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys...when there is more than one answer, you should be seeing an option to choose "Best Answer."
    Capt Steve- I'm not seeing that option. Where should it be?

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm with BD. As a normal poster, not a mod, I'm not seeing any of those options. They're probably best left to a moderator anyway although I've seen a few posts marked as "answered" that seemed a bit premature (which is probably why BD started this thread).

We (posters and mods) are still finding our way on this new board. Glad it's running so stable and spam free. Thanks, Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Hmmm....I'll look into this. 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    just catching up on some older posts.  When I posted a topic with a question, it would ask me after each comment if it answered the question.  I guess I assumed this was the way it was for all (as it should be).  I'm sure Steve will figure it out. :)>-

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

I bet it has something to do with being a MOD, as I do not see that option.  Be nice if either a MOD or the OP could tag it as 'answered'.

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Just a reply will answer the question. Even if its a welcome to the board...
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    hmm maybe it's how you start the thread: discussion or question?  I bet I've done mine with discussion.

PC BYC, Holland, MI