Options

Waste Hoses

SpacelordSpacelord Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
Do hoses get old and stiff enough that they just don't seal well with hose clamps any more?

I am thinking that is the case and that its time to buy a new hose tomorrow, and learn how  fun/challenging it is to run the hose from under the sink back to the tank. I would just feel better knowing that the $$ spent on the hose and time will pay off.

So... changing the joker valve on my electric Jabsco turned from what I thought would be a 10 minute job into nearly 8 hours and still not done.
The boat is a 2003.   The problem is when I reconnect hoses, even with 2 hoseclamps, I can't seem to get it to seal.  It keeps dripping every 6 seconds.  Not cool.
This is the connection under the sink, where the 1" hose  (approx 3' long)from the toilet connects to a fitting to convert it to the 1 1/2" hose which runs the rest of the way to the holding tank.

Comments

• Options
    pault1216pault1216 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    I replaced all the hoses, 2 toilets, and 2 holding tanks on my houseboat a few years ago. What I learned is don't buy cheap hose (I used Odor Safe from Sealand) and I had much better luck with (carefully) using a heat gun on the hose and a little silicone lube on the fittings and everything sealed up nicely. Good luck!  -PAUL