Options

sad day

boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
Well last week we advertised our 1986 Sea Ray 250 Sundancer for sale and a couple looked at it Saturday. He called me this morning and said they will take it. Supposed to get it later this week so going down tonight to get our personal stuff out and if there is help there we will be putting it on the trailer tonight. Sad. This is our 4th summer with it and it has been a great boat. This was our first boat and I feel like I'm losing a friend...lol.

So the search is on for our next boat. Looking at 26' minimum to about 30' maximum. Still not sure what we will be getting as far as brand but Rinker is on the list. Wanting to stay under about $35k so probably looking at around 2003 to 2005ish area.

Comments

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no 4th of July and no boat.
    But you got some cash. 
    Good luck on the search.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @boatman37 I can't speak highly enough about the 270/280 series Rinkers as far as packing a lot of good features into that sized boat. Been very happy with our 2000 270 for what we paid for it. Should be able to find a nice example in good shape in the years you mention with your budget quite easily.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish Rinker made the newer 280’s and 290’s with a separate forward birth instead of using the table.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well its a happy day when you get rid of a SR lol
  • Options
    Yeah. Been checking out a few 270's on the internet. 280's are outta my price range.

My list of must haves:
    AC
    Windlass
    Walkthrough windshield
    pumpout head
    radar arch
    larger swim platform
    wife insists it has to have a trailer but we will see. i can buy one later
    not mandatory but generator would be nice
    wife likes to stretch out on the boat when we anchor so the sunpad in the 270's is nice

And for the Sea Ray, no complaints about ours at all other than it doesn't have the stuff listed above but not many 30 year old boats did. That being said, doubt our next one will be a SR because most don't have the walkthrough windshield. Seems they also have cheaper looking gadgets like sink, faucets, etc.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    The 270 is a great boat and very popular.  I'm assuming you don't want to go much large partly to keep it trailerable and also to keep one engine?  I'd highly recommend a generator.  Once you have one, you'll love it.  Also makes resale much easier.  Good luck and congrats on your sell!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    sold my Chris Craft 268 2 years ago and bought a 2003 270 ,going on our first full season with it and we love it finally a cabin I can stand in .no generator on board but all the other features you mentioned above ,I also bought a trailer seperate from the purchase of the boat 
  • Options
    Boat is gone. New owners took it tonight. Going to look at a few tomorrow but mainly to talk to the shops to get the word out. Not seeing much locally so far.
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is local, maybe one of us can spot one.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
  • Options
    seguirseguir Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    If your willing to go a little higher....I have a Rinker 280 2009 with 260hours on it here in Toronto Canada comes with cradle for land storage.  Only serviced by a merc authorized dealer. (40,000 us?) 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That might be a deal- how much difference between the two? I realm like our 270 and is trailerable, has all the stuff listed, 2005, bought 4 years ago for , 120 hours for 33. Had to replace camper and bimini but other than that, just a good cleaning and service. Also was closed cooling which was big on my list for salt water use.
  • Options
    The 280's are nice. We have a 2008 at our marina with trailer that the guy said he will probably be selling next year for $50k but don't want to wait until then and $50k is the absolute top of our budget and not even sure I want to go that high.

@Rasbury, sounds good but FL is a little too far for me...lol. We do want to go see a 270 and a 290 but haven't found any around here. Might head to the Catawba Island/Sandusky area next weekend to see if we can find anything.
  • Options
    I was talking about he one in Toronto...40 grand might be worth the road trip barring the new tariffs anyway...
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tarrifs are (I beleive) only on sales of new manufactured units.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Not Donald's....