Options

Our Potomac Trip

Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod

Let me say, one check off the bucket list! :)  I want to add a HUGE thank you to @LaRea (Chris & Diane)!!  We are forever grateful for their hospitality.  Not only did they host us in their yacht club, but actually had all of us over their house for appetizers, drinks, and the best steak dinner!!! 

We started the trip with 4 Rinkers, two 40s, a 390, and a 350.  Unfortunately, an hour into the trip the 350 lost his power steering unit and he had to turn around on one engine.

Here are a few pics from the 1st Potomac Rinkervous.

It was sure Great meeting @onislandtime (Bill)!  you sure picked a great anchorage for us!

We even picked some fresh wild rasberries!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Comments

• Options

Then we got to Mt. Vernon where Chris & Diane hosted all of us.

we had some fun and great food at LaRea's house!  Sure was a great dinner and a lot of fun meeting up with his other boating friends

LaRea all decorated out for the parade!

• Options
    edited July 2018

We finally made it into DC for the fireworks! We had the perfect spot, thanks to Chris and his friends local knowledge!!

Ended with 390 miles and 564 gallons of fuel!!  Was worth every penny of it!! :)

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    Epic week!  We had an absolute blast, start to finish!  Our yacht club is still buzzing with talk about the three gigantic, beautiful Rinkers that came to visit.  I'm honored that you guys would trek all the way up the Potomac to see us and visit DC.  Glad you were able to put a new check-mark on your bucket list!

I'm back at work today, and it feels odd.  My chair is not rocking back and forth, and I don't even have any sunscreen dripping into my eyes.  
  • Options
    The only thing we didn't accomplish was getting up to Three Sisters.  So much to do, so little time!  Road trip -- come by land yacht to Georgetown sometime, and we'll go up to 3 Sis for the day.   
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lookin good, fun times.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    onislandtimeonislandtime Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    Glad we got to meet you guys! 
  • Options
    Glad we got to meet you guys! 

Bill, you have a great family!  Glad we got to meet all of them and really enjoyed our time meeting up with you.  I'll have to get some pictures up on Potomac Rinkervous when I download them (yes, I have both you and Chris in that grass skirt too :) ).

• Options
    BTW great photo of your awesome son with the VR headset on my driving simulator.  We had some fun with that, didn't we!  
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    BTW great photo of your awesome son with the VR headset on my driving simulator.  We had some fun with that, didn't we!  

You know it!  He was still talking about it!  You got him addicted!  Heck, we all had lots of fun with that!  I think you need to have it adapt for a boat as well! :)

• Options
    luvinlifeluvinlife Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    Wow. That looks like an amazing trip and those big Rinkers are beautiful!  Great photos too 
  • Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    Great photos! 
  • Options
    pistolepistole Member Posts: 158 ✭✭