Options

Where is seacock located on 2018 Rinker 29QX

alaskanduckalaskanduck Member Posts: 12
New boat, first head.  Water test was told read instructions on toilet seat which didn't do anything, no flush.  Just figured out online I need to open the seacock valve.  Anyone know where it is located?  Not on boat at the moment and may find it but from discussion might not be obvious location like in head somewhere.

Thanks, Shawn

Comments

• Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    You sure you have a flushing toilet? If it's a portapotty you can pump it out, but there is no flush. 
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    The Rinker specs show a port-a-potty as standard and a pump out version as an option. Did you buy it new? If so, the dealer you bought it from should have went over how it - and all your other systems - works. That being said, the seacock for a head is usually in the engine compartment on most boats. I would also recommend you keep it closed except when you anticipate using the head. 
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm sure it is not a vacuflush. You fill up the internal tank with fresh water and use the plunger on the left side to "rinse" the bowl, and then you manually pull the handle to open the tank. Its pumped out like any other boat, buy I always flush it with water while its pumping out until it runs clear. 

Its def more of an emergency toilet than a use every time. Adult guys are not allowed to use it unless its number two and unavoidable, and then afterwards it's their job to pump it out lol
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    I'll add that we used to have one of those on the first boat we had (24 Sundancer).  That toilet got used a lot, but the trick was to always pump out when done at the end of the weekend. :)  Luckily, the marina we were in at the time had a free pump out at the dock.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express