Options

260 EC-Have to engage throttle to start

2008 260EC. 383 stroker mercruiser with fuel injection new approx 100 hours or 4 years ago. Engine will not start without engaging throttle. Service dept. at marina has completed tune up and replaced iac valve. Said scan showed no faults or codes. Problem persists. They mentioned someting about reflashing engine. I kind of feel like they have no clue and the bill is mounting. Any ideas appreciated. 

Comments

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try putting your battery switch to both and see if it spins faster. The mpi's like spin good to start.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    rinker270nbrinker270nb Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    I have a new 383 stroker and I have the same problem- installed in 2015 as a repower. I changed the cap and wires and fixed it for a while.  I leave the key at first click (before starting) for about 8-10 seconds.  That has helped but not solved.  I think it's a oxygen reading sensor or fuel call problem.  I've learned to live with it.  It used to happen 100% of the time last year, this year less than 10%. Not sure why?

How old is your engine?  If a repower, it has a 3 yr warranty.  IAC is covered as a warranty item as is all the work.  Just a thought.
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Why not raise the boat on enough to stop the wake action but to not take the intake out of the water
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com