Options

Thru hull exhaust 246

tomrapptomrapp Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
Im looking to install the captains call exhaust on my 2009 Captiva 246. I’m assuming my boat is pre-wired for it. Can someone with factory captain exhaust tell me which switch the exhaust is wired to. I figured it’s to one of my three accessory switches. Also would like a photo of where the wire harness comes out to in the engine component. I have a few empty connectors in there so would just like to know if I’m looking at the right one. Thanks. 

Comments

• Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    I doubt it’s wired for a captains call
    when installed your should be able to use one of the accessorie switches to trigger it.
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    have this in my 212. Took a few pictures that may make sense to others how it is wired. Hope it helps.
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Ye you have to wire in the system and he can use his acc buttons as a trigger 
  • Options
    robinst9robinst9 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Hello,
    I saw your post from this past summer. I have the same boat and wondering how it went. Any pictures? Details?  

Thanks,
    Tom
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    @tomrapp.....I have installed a couple of corsa captain's call exhausts. Hardest part is cutting through those well built Rinker hulls. Wiring is a breeze with the kit provided. You may wish to install a light with the switch or a second house battery. The solenoids draw a lot of amps - I think about 75 amps. If you leave it on without the engine running it will kill a starting battery fast! Tip: once you haven the holes cut through the hull take some Sikaflex or 3M5200 and run it liberally all around the cut-out holes ....covering ALL exposed cut material.....then allow it to set-up before you install the exhaust tips. Tip 2 - I like composite tips (integral flappers of course) because IMO they are not affected by corrosion. Gil Marine used to make great composite tips. I had exhaust elbows fabricated for one installation by a trucking shop as the metals they used were resistant to the corrosive effects of combustion. Good luck - you will LOVE the finished project!