Put in Bay this weekend

JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
Gonna be mid 80s with a high chance of shenanigans this coming weekend! Anyone else gonna be there? I'll be at B dock with the woman. 😎
2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3

Comments

• vyborny1vyborny1 Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    We'll be there this weekend, I usually dock on C-Dock. Make sure to get there early, they have all of A-Dock & 1/2 of C-Dock reserved for the ILYA Sailboat Regatta. It's going to fill up fast this weekend, especially with the nice weather forecast this weekend
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee
  • JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Yea gonna toss lines at 7am Friday,  so should be there around 930-10am. 
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be sure to post some pics!!! B)
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • 04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    I'd love to make a trip up there! I have a friend that has a camper by one of the ferry boats' loading area. I'd like to trailer up and put in and boat over. Always heard about the party there.
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are at PIB now, left last Saturday and did Pelee last weekend, came over to Pib Monday and have been at the crews nest. Great week! Headed home today, enjoy the weekend here it will be beautiful!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• vyborny1vyborny1 Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    We tried to go to PIB, got to Ballast Island buoys about 12:30 on Friday, radioed in, C-Dock, B-Dock, was already full. Didn't try any of the others, figured they would be full too. Turned around & went to Kelleys for the weekend. We had a couple with that had never been. We ended up staying at Portside Marina. Fun was had by everyone. Talking with the dock hands, said that this was the busiest boat traffic weekend they had this year. Weather was perfect. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee
    We left PIB around noon on Friday and it was packed, boats lining up to get in to public docks, usually doesn’t get bad until Friday evening but everyone got up early

Man, we had a great weekend, but it wasnt exactly as planned. Got to the fuel dock at The Boardwalk at 11am on the dot, pretty close to when I wanted to be there. Listened to the radio and heard a half dozen requests denied for all three public docks. Made a decision to check out the small state park around the corner, as its first-come first serve, and usually not filled up. Luckily it was not full, and we got the very end spot, so we had some privacy and a nice view.

The negative was that we were almost a mile outside downtown, and no electric service. No biggie though, I come prepared. I had my propane grill on board for making breakfast & lunch as desired, and with the $$ saved on docking I kept our reserved golf cart through Sunday afternoon when we left. The only thing I was worried about was sleeping at night with no power for the large fan I brought. Luckily there were NO bugs, and a nice steady breeze from the stern, so we "slept" in comfort and no issues at all. :):)  A healthy buzz also helps you fall asleep, or so I'm told.

Overall it was one of the most fun weekends I've ever had there. The bars and pools were packed, but everyone was extremely fun, and we made a ton of friends (more the GF than me, lets be honest LOL)

The ride to & from wasnt dead calm, but wasnt crazy bumpy either. I burned 34 gallons down, and 36 gallons home, for an average of just under 2.5 miles per gallon. I definitely spent more $$ on 80 proof alcohol than 10% alcohol gasoline. :D

edited August 2018

Couldn't help but get a top speed run with VVM running. Not bad for canvas up, full tanks, 3 coolers, and a bunch of gear on board. Just a little underpowered 350 MAG.  :p

Left it like this the whole cruise. Right at 4k rpm and trimmed out perfectly. 

• GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Can you tell me how you get a screen shot of the VesselView 
  • zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Take a pic with your phone lol
  • zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Or screenshot with your mobile app 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod

Great pictures Joe!  Looks like a good time!  Last time I was at PIB was about 25 years ago (man do I feel old!).  Looks like a great breakfast!

Oh, and your top speed is the same as mine! :)  (just a bit different fuel burn)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

shawnmjr said:
    Looks like a good time. Is the 4th pic you posted the Livingston Channel? 
    Sure is.  B)

Dream_Inn said:

Great pictures Joe!  Looks like a good time!  Last time I was at PIB was about 25 years ago (man do I feel old!).  Looks like a great breakfast!

Oh, and your top speed is the same as mine! :)  (just a bit different fuel burn)

Yeah I'm sure alot has changed in 25 years. Breakfast was great, and so were the mimosas! Lol

Yea our speeds may be the same, but you dont bounce in the chop like mine does either! I dont mind my gas burn, the thought of 1mpg makes my wallet cringe. Lol
    Yea our speeds may be the same, but you dont bounce in the chop like mine does either! I dont mind my gas burn, the thought of 1mpg makes my wallet cringe. Lol
    Actually, the thought of 1mpg would be fantastic!  I'm more around 0.7-0.8 mpg.  & yes, the ride is definitely smoother.

That just made me puke in my mouth a little bit! LOL

Maybe one day I'll be able to stomach that, but that would really limit my boating. I put on over 100 hours last summer, and this year it'll be ~ 75, so thats alot of coin at $4.29/gallon.
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dream is a rich man
    Says the guy with a lift & dock that cost as much as my boat LOL
    JoeStang said:
    Says the guy with a lift & dock that cost as much as my boat LOL

Exactly!! :)

Yeah but the 350$ fillups keep it on the lift

If you own it but don't use it, what's the sense??  I'm leaving for our next 10 day boat trip this Thursday!

Nice! Yea those state docks are a great deal if you can live without power. Great that you pulled that off! 

Dream_Inn said:

If you own it but don't use it, what's the sense??  I'm leaving for our next 10 day boat trip this Thursday!
    Selling. Duhhhhh
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's looks like a great weekend. Go joe!
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
    Nice! Yea those state docks are a great deal if you can live without power. Great that you pulled that off! 
    Yeah, that's always my backup plan. Really didn't want to use the mooring balls for convenience and it cuts off time on land. Very happy with how it turned out.