Options

wedding plans

GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
Well looks like my son is getting married and I need to raise some shekels ,easiest way unfortunately is to sell the boat 
Ive seen this model priced anywhere from 19,000 to 32,000> I wonder what everyone here thinks would be a fair price Im thinking 27,000 its a 2003 270 

350 motor with 550 hrs 
 new seacore bravo 3 drive with one year left on warranty
new stainless steel gimbal ring and swivel pin  
new gimbal bearing 
new shift cable 
new bellows
new exhaust bellows
new stereo with 2 remotes one at transom and one at helm
new power inverter
new cabin cushions extra thick
fuem detector 

Vessel view mobile 

new sink and counter
new cockpit vinyl 
all new led lights
tri color light on radar arch 
water pump just serviced 
ac and heat new 2017
hot and cold water 
all canvas and full enclosure 
tv 
New Trailer included with brakes and led lights 

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you have to pay???
  • Options
    no coin on the brides side 
  • Options
    Get a loan and save the boat man!!
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I thought tradition dictated Father of the Bride pays?!
  • Options
    Better yet, give them 10G and tell them to elope or save money for house and go to the local court
  • Options
    edited August 2018
     my wife and I would like them to have a wedding 
    Post edited by GMSLITHO on
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    My wife & I got married under a Hickory tree on a bluff over a river and recited  Sioux Indian marriage vows. Cost almost nothing and we're still married - 43 years.
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the others....but that wasn't your question. Your price is very fair in my opinion. Probably low but maybe a quicker sale. I paid $32,000 for my 2000 in early 2017 with about half the hours but none of the upgrades you've done and no ac/heat. CDN dollars so about $24,500 USD. And yours is 3 years newer.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Tell you what if you get out of this north east area weddings are really not that expensive 
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to pay for my son's also, Gave them the option,Take $10 k buy a house take $10 k have a low budget wedding. All you get is $10k get it. It worked out they had wedding, and a wonderful one. Everyone pitched in, 150+ people. Later on I ended up getting a deal on a Repo house and sold it to them and was able to give them $20K at closing as a one time gift.
    Your boat is worth $32K I not sure if you can sell it Quick though. If you are in a hurry. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess would around 30k, you have a lot of good up grades,good hours and good care.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    court house steps in sarasota  =28 years ago=cost of licence plus 25.00 to flip the clip board and reads us the vows = walked out the door hada cple  ibc's and hot dogs=maybe a franklin in total....best investment i ever made

how bout a wedding on the docks and a honeymoon on the boat
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Dam...I only wish our parents paid for our wedding...but to make them sell their boat to do so??!!! That's cold.
    Post edited by raybo3 on
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    It’s not like I won’t get another boat 
  • Options
    This groom best be a doctor or have some other high paying job to forfeit your boat
  • Options
    What if the boat dont sell? Wedding dont happen??
  • Options
    If the boats not sold we  use the line of credit 
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Line of credit for a wedding? I find them the biggest waste of money ever. Spending $20, $30k for one day. 
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Hey guys not for nothing but this thread is not about a Rinker brothers sons wedding its about selling a boat. Everyone sells their boat for one reason or another. This is a happy time for GMSLITHO. Lets not rain on his parade. Maybe in the long run he can get a bigger boat. Good luck with the wedding bro..........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What @raybo3 said times 2!
    Whichever way it works out @GMSLITHO best of luck for everything and best wishes for the couple. It shows how much you love them to be willing to sacrifice something you love for their sake. Hat's off to you Sir!
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    @raybo3 he said he has to sell the boat to pay for the wedding so they go hand in hand. I see you didnt sell yours to get married! Hahahahahhahah
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had a good friend who had the money, probably spent 50 grand and they weren't together a year- the kids did not care. Point is, imo, if they don't care enough about their wedding to put some skin in the game....best of luck to your kids but I would not sell my boat for that. This is a great time for them to live within their means.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Well, everyone has opinions...I'll leave mine at home.  Whatever your decision, best of luck and remember you always have family on this forum whether you have a boat or not! :)  Please post pics of the wonderful wedding!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
     Thanks all .The wedding is next year,and if I sell the boat ,Ill get another boat ,Ive been boating all my life and my wife and I both love it  
  • Options
    You can get a wedding in Mexico for 2500. That way you can keep the boat unless you really want to get rid of it
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm selfish but I wouldn't sell my boat to pay for MY wedding,  let alone my kids'! Lol

Good luck with the sale, that's a great looking boat, I'm sure it'll sell easily. 
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Haha you may be right, but I dunno. This most recent one might be the one I dont throw back..... :o

With enough luck she'll be the missing link to a 360 EC decked out lol
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    I actually thought that too Joe
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Part of life is making things work.  You get to keep the boat and your son and future daughter in law are going to have a great wedding.  You will see. :).  It all works out.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3