2001 Rinker 310 for sale

summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
All, 
we are selling our 310 and moving up.  lift kept the last 12 years on back river, in the Chesapeake Bay.  lots of newer upgrades.  Canvas and Cockpit carpet is 3 years old.  Cockpit cover new this year.  Hardwood in cabin 2 yrs ago.  New windlass, GPS/fishfinder and motor hatch motor this year.  3 years ago, both engines pulled over winter and major tune up completed.  all batteries, hoses, belts, shift and throttle cables, bellows, risers and manifolds replaced as preventative maintenance.  asking 33,900, which is below NADA low retail.  795 hours (and climbing).  we are looking to move up to something larger.  I can be reached at 443-528-3048 or [email protected].  thanks, Craig

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,549 mod

Beautiful boat!  We loved our '02 310!  Good luck with the sale, I'll keep you in mind if I hear anyone down my way looking for a nice boat.  Only thing they'll need to do is add @digginday1 steps! :)

What are you looking to move up to?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    I actually already have the wood steps installed, just didn't have a pic of them.  we are looking at 3-4 different boats.  Rinker 350, formula 34PC, chaparral 330 or crownline 340.  will be buying used.  Just want a  little more room as the boys aren't getting any smaller...
    I'll keep a look out for your next one too.  Lots of Rinkers in my marina.  But, skip that middle step and go even a bit bigger! :)  I've got two kids as well, and the 400 with the two twin beds in the back is really nice!  & that separate door both on their stateroom and the front one, makes it even better.  There is the 400 forum member that has theirs for sale for a very reasonable price.

thansk DI.  I would but one complicating factor is my current lift and more importantly the need to still use it as a water sports boat.  as silly as it sounds, we routinely pull our kids on wakeboards and tubes with this 310.  a well powered 350 or formula/chap will also do that job.  I am afraid if I get up in the 400/410 size that won't even be an option.  ideally i'd have a second boat for water sports purposes, but with the marina fees/upkeep, I just can't justify it.
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW I LOVE the 400 except for one aspect I HATE its forward cabin. I was in the last EC 400 made by Rinker and considered buying it - but - the Admiral said no way.

The person sleeping to starboard has to crawl over the person sleeping to port in the front berth - IMO - that's ridiculous for a boat that size.

I have seen this addressed by putting the kids in the front berth. You can fabricate an aluminum plate and filler cushion to turn the rear berth into a huge king sized bed. That might work.

For us we stayed with the EC 360 and made the front ISLAND berth even longer and wider. That allowed either sleeper to get off the bed without disturbing (as in CLIMBING OVER) the other one. Again IMO EC 400 front berth design - dumb, dumb, dumb!

Get the EC350 with 496s or the EC 360 with 502s (even better). Both go like bats out of H*LL , are decent on gas and pull anything.

BTW if you get a 360 most have TWO pull-out super designed FlexSteel couch/beds that are very comfortable.

A super toy-towing rocket, decent on gas, sleeps 6 with a walk around ISLAND front berth.....Rinker 350/360.

While you are at it get AXIUS!!!!!!! 
  • JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭✭
    MT you're doing it wrong. If you go to bed "correctly" you nor the woman should be getting up in the night. And if she has to climb over you, well that's an open invitation.  :D
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
    ......Joe..... wait for it - at a certain point - (and it's coming brother) - enough liquid refreshment and you'll be getting up in the night too! In the meantime......enjoy "getting up for the right reasons"  (pun intended)!
    JoeStang said:
    MT you're doing it wrong. If you go to bed "correctly" you nor the woman should be getting up in the night. And if she has to climb over you, well that's an open invitation.  :D

Love it Joe!! :)

I think MT and I have been over these discussions too many times!  We agree to disagree :)  But, it's why the different boats are made.

I will say, MT, if you ever get to the Chesapeake area, you better come my way!  I'll show you that the 400 does get out of water like "A bat out of he!!" (BTW, I love Meatloaf), especially when propped correctly.

Now, back to this topic.  Someone has gotta buy this beautiful 310!

shawnmjr said:
    summerx said:
    thansk DI.  I would but one complicating factor is my current lift and more importantly the need to still use it as a water sports boat.  as silly as it sounds, we routinely pull our kids on wakeboards and tubes with this 310.  a well powered 350 or formula/chap will also do that job.  I am afraid if I get up in the 400/410 size that won't even be an option.  ideally i'd have a second boat for water sports purposes, but with the marina fees/upkeep, I just can't justify it.
    You could always get a jet ski for the water sports. We bring our Seadoo Spark out with us and it pulls a tube very well, and not that pricey. Do what fits you best, but this package would make anyone jealous lol. 
    we have talked about that too Shawn.  my oldest is only 13, and at this point in MD can't drive a ski until 16.  My wife won't want to drive it either, so that makes getting it to the cove/ski area tough unless we have friends with us.  I intend to get one once he is old enough to follow behind on it.
    I'll be honest, I am with MT on this one.  we really want an island berth as well.  Just seems much more usable and easier to make in the AM.  That is the reason I wouldn't consider a rinker 330, as it doesn't have the island.  My wife really likes the crownline 340CR, but it doesn't have an island, so that is pushing it down the list for us.

I've been thru the whole "what toys do I get for watersports".  I came really close (even had money in hand) buying a small boat for watersports.  A couple years ago I had bought a 8hp for my dinghy, but it's not a hard bottom, so it doesn't do so well with pulling someone up on skis (kneeboard is just ok).  It's a good motor that I probably should sell (since I have a 3.3hp).  I came to the conclusion I didn't want the extra hassle of trailering to put something else in on weekends (my wife would love a jet ski).  A blow up SUP and kayak seem to be at least enough for them (along with the dinghy).

You've made it a bit longer than I did on our 310.  My daughter was 11 and son was 9 when I moved up to the 400.  But, part of it was them sleeping in one bed just wasn't working out either.  Now my son is 15, daughter will be 18 in a couple weeks.

yeah, definitely easier for us being they are all boys.  one is on the drop down table, and two in the aft.  that said, they aren't getting any smaller.  My 13yo is now 5'9" with size 11.5 shoes and 150 pounds.  extra space will be helpful.
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like so many things in boat design, the diagonal berth in the 400 (and my 370, and other models) is a compromise.  Tolerate a 1-sided berth, gain extra cabin space.  Totally worth it, in my opinion.

A requirement for my "forever boat" is a berth with access from both sides.  Until I win the lottery, the diagonal berth is a great compromise. 
    @shawnmjr and @Dream_Inn this ones for you......Shot from my kitchen window yesterday a Rinker 400 with a Sea Doo Spark on the swim platform plus a picture of it passing a moored Rinker 270? LOTS of Rinkers in my boating area!

edited August 2018
    @summerx.....This is the customized front berth from my former 2014 Rinker EC 360. It is about a foot longer and a foot wider than the OEM berth. It also has an enhanced mattress cover that is about 4 inches thicker.

Even with the increased dimensions you can see there is still plenty of room to get around it to "make the bed" and to get on and off from either side easily!

As well, at 6'6" and a guy who "sits tall" when sitting-up in the berth I still had plenty of room above my head. Guests - including owners of bigger boats noted the "open/airy feel" of the the main cabin with an open island front berth - which could be closed off with a sun blocking/darkening curtain when desired

Not to argue, but as I said earlier - the Admiral and I lay down on a brand new front berth in the last Rinker EC 400 ever made and found it cramped and claustrophobic. I had intended to buy that 400 but the Admiral said no! It was a good decision.

IMO the enhanced front berth on our 360 "smoked" any front berth in any 400 I have been on.

As well, there were TWO flex steel pull out couches that could easily (and did  a number of times) sleep two on each one. 

@summerx......couple of pics to show the "scale" of a 360. The Admiral - shown buffing the hull in one pic - is 5'8". 

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks like a "Dork bed" MT. You knew it was coming. LOL
    .....glad to see you haven't lost your touch Steve - but still pretty bold for a guy who owns a diesel TRAWLER (dork boat).....and you knew that was coming!

They always look so big when out of the water! :)  I get to see mine change in size each time I put the lift up or down.

Thanks for the 400 pictures MT!  With all the Rinkers I've seen, not sure I've seen the 400 without a hardtop.  & the 360 is a great boat, especially for a couple without kids.  That curtain sure wouldn't stop a child from coming in at the wrong time :)  I think LaRea said it correctly, things you compromise for other things.

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael T said:
    .....glad to see you haven't lost your touch Steve - but still pretty bold for a guy who owns a diesel TRAWLER (dork boat).....and you knew that was coming!
    It may be under contract today!!
  • craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:

They always look so big when out of the water! :)  I get to see mine change in size each time I put the lift up or down.

Thanks for the 400 pictures MT!  With all the Rinkers I've seen, not sure I've seen the 400 without a hardtop.  & the 360 is a great boat, especially for a couple without kids.  That curtain sure wouldn't stop a child from coming in at the wrong time :)  I think LaRea said it correctly, things you compromise for other things.

Exactly.  Two small kids i wanted the door on my 360.  I live with the wife crawling over me in the middle of the night.  Its actually worked in my benefit a few times...  As for water sports, you can always get a bigger RIB with a 15hp summerx.  I tow my kids on the tube and knee board at pretty fast speeds with no problems.  It lives on the Davits on my platform ready for its next destination.
    I LOVE the look of that 360 MT!  the 350/360 is definitely on the short list.  I guess the right deal on a 400 would make me at least take a look.  I took tomorrow off to do some shopping....we'll see how it goes.  Looking at a few used Chaparrals/Crownlines for sure.  haven't seen any nice rinkers in the direction I'll be heading however.
    summerx said:
    I guess the right deal on a 400 would make me at least take a look. 

https://rinkerboats.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/comment/89714#Comment_89714

:)

it appears it is either sold or off the market?  neither the boattrader ad or the craigslist link are still active?
    summerx said:
    it appears it is either sold or off the market?  neither the boattrader ad or the craigslist link are still active?

I'm pretty sure it is still for sale.  I have his email if you are the tad bit interested?

so I just looked up the specs on the 400, and its going to be too heavy.  looks like dry weight is 19800.  the most my lift would be able to upgrade to is 20K, so it won't work for me.  thanks anyway.
    summerx said:
    so I just looked up the specs on the 400, and its going to be too heavy.  looks like dry weight is 19800.  the most my lift would be able to upgrade to is 20K, so it won't work for me.  thanks anyway.

Yep, it's every bit of 25k lbs when loaded up.  I have a 30k lift for mine.

Hey, new price all!  $27500 for one week only...otherwise it is going to be bought by the broker.  Let me know...
    Wow that is a great deal!!! I need to think if I know anyone looking. Hate to give brokers easy money.

• GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow thats a great price