Options

HOT......

l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

WOW....It is 97 degrees at 1700 hours here at home. It is 101 at the boat. I like it hot but not this hot.

Len

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

Comments

• Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a not so fine line between summer and hades, me fears..

I was a defense contractor (still are) :-) in Doha Qatar in 2003, and saw a mercury with my own two eyes read 141*... Freakin nuts.. asphalt takes a liquid form at that temperate range.. you can fit 35 Indians in the shade of a desert shrub 3' tall during afternoon call for prayer.. I've marvelled over that, too.. I once put my shades on my nose that had been sitting on the rear view for about ten minutes, and was slightly vexxed that they were hot when I went to put them on.. later, while looking in the mirror, I realized I'd literally burned my face evidenced by blisters on my nose and the sides on my noggin where the ear pieces touched... I burned every inch of my footprint while barefoot treading the liquid of asphalt trying to grab a beer from the cooler 10' apart from the place I was located.. you can keep heat, my friends..

Give me eternal spring.. give me perpetual autumn.. eff summer and its unpredictable storm season.. its only for convicts making big rocks smaller.. dang it..

Oh.. please excuse my outburst.. its storming all day tomorrow and predicted for the next six days.. just like last week.. and the boat will stay dry except for what falls on it.. and that makes me curse.. and outburst here.. dang it..

Give me an aft mounted deer stand, a satellite feed with every college football game within ear shot.. a case of beer (or four), and fair skies and following seas.. when I find that I'll send y'all coordinates and vector you in. Dang it..

Have I told you guys how much I like American Honey? :-)
  • Options
    l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

WOW....141* is freakin nuts. The weather here tomorrow will be even hotter than today. Sorry to hear that it storming in your area. We had a little rain last week (.1 inch) which is rare for June. We will not see rain again until November. Now you know why we have water wars here in CA. 75% of southern CA gets its water from the delta where I boat in northern CA. The delta is so close to sea level that the shipping of water to southern CA does not effect the water level. I am 65 miles east of San Francisco bay and still see a 3 to 5 foot tide change. The shipping of water south just makes our water more brackish.

Now our governer wants  to build a tunnel from the upper Sacramento river where the water is not brackish under the delta, about 70 miles, to ship the water to southern CA. The tunnel will be two pipes 30 foot in dia. thru pete moss. cost will be about $50 billion, which means it would really cost over a $100 billion. Thankfully at my age I will probably not live long enough to ever see it.

Everyone please have a safe and fun 4th of July.

Len

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

• Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mention the 141* to insinuate acclimation to heat, which apparently I snoozed through.. instead, I have a deep distrust for anything north of 100*.. three digits equals the predominant four letter words in my vocabulary.. 100*+ represent plural of four letter words... So it is...

:-)

Agreed.. see that all you and yours have a safe and fun 4th.. its good times to be a boater..
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have me beat. I complain about 99% humidity and 95* but compared to all that "dry heat" dialouge I feel like I'm just being a lightweight.....it still feels like a broiler when the sun's straight up and you can cut the air with a knife. Down here it's all about getting it done by 11am or after 4pm....which is luckily right at happy hour.  :D
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Cant get the rain to stop here............
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com