marine surveyor and boat transport in Baltimore/DC area

summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
All, I may have found my next boat?  sorry to say it isn't a rinker, but a very nice chaparral.  I am looking for recommendations for a surveyor in the DC area as well a boat transporter to swap boats bw DC and baltimore.  It'd be a fun run, but I don't know that I have the time to get it done.  Looks to be about 200 miles each way,  but only an hour car ride...any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used a guy named Randy Renn to survey my 280 in 2014. He was very thorough and showed my wife and I different things about the boat. I believe he is based just across the Bay Bridge on the Eastern Shore. PM me if you want his number. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @summerx.....if it's a 350 Chaparral that you are considering - IMO - they are real nice.

My friend had one with twin 496s. There was a front queen berth with a two sliding doors that closed off the front berth and a large rear berth with a door too.

With the USD at 30% vs the CDN$ have you looked at any in Canada?
  • 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    I used Matt Jabin, brother of Bert Jabin Marine in Annapolis.  HIGHLY recommend.  He was reasonable on price, great communication, and got the job done perfectly. 

443 223 4958
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,549 mod
    Yes, I've good about Jabin. But, sure would be a nice ride ( we just did it in July. You could easily do it and be home by early afternoon.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express