Options

How do I remove the waste holding tank from my 2003 342 Feista vee rinker.

stanmikostanmiko Member Posts: 3
The waste holding tank on my 2003, 342 Fiesta Vee, Rinker has the input spout broken off at the tank.  How do I get this tank out of the boat?  I believe the rear birth bench seat back has to come out but I can't seem to get it out even after loosing all the visable brackets and screws.  Is there some adapter to fix this or must I replace the complete tank? 

Answers

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possibly thru the storage bin behind the mirrored door in the rear berth. Al might have a better solution. It looks like a bugger to do having crawled around mine in that area far too many times.  lol  Might be a big job.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    That area is too small remove the tank.  You are able to see it from that access point.  The back rest from the lower birth most likely needs to be removed but I can't figure it out.  Is there anyway to contact the manufacture for advice? 
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Alswagg is the guy to ask on here. There might be a sawzall in your future. :bz
    Post edited by Black_Diamond on

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    wow that sounds messy. getting it out is one thing. putting a new one back in might be another if a sawzall is used.... my 320 the starboard engine would need to come out. $200 tank costs $1000... brilliant!
  • Options
    Yeah. I'm thinking this is big $$$.

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Definitely post some pictures for others that may have to do this in the future as well.  Good luck and keep us updated. ;)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Documenting this process would be great for those of us with 342's!

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    trich11trich11 Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    I hope I never have to do it on my 342!!!!
  • Options
    explore7425explore7425 Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    I had a 342 for a couple years. I have taken that rear berth totally apart and I know you can access the tank that way. Just take your time piece by piece. Start with the trim and lights and work your way down. I suggest replacing all the sewer lines while you are at it. Once that is open it is real easy. (Fuel tank senders too really)
    Bella Sabrina II  370EC
  • Options
    @Explore7427:  Did you have to take the headliner down too?

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options

I have mechanic working on it.  I will keep all interested posted!

• Options
    explore7425explore7425 Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    I did not have to take down the headliner to get to the tank but I did not remove the tank. I just replaced all the fittings and lines.It has been a while so I can't picture it exactly but it really wasn't that bad to take the stuff apart.  
    Bella Sabrina II  370EC