Double rainbow in Annapolis

LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
The Admiral and I just finished a fantastic cruise ... maybe our best yet.  Ten days, six ports, 396 miles, 517 gallons, and the boat performed flawlessly.  Despite foul weather forecasts, we had great conditions the entire week.  We did hit one brief rain shower while returning to Annapolis after taking some clients out for a joyride.  The rain only lasted 20 minutes, and it produced a truly magnificent double rainbow. 

I wish I had a better camera!  This iPhone photo is okay, but nothing like seeing it in person.  We could see the entire rainbow, end to end.  One of my guests is from a part of the world where rain is rare, and rainbows basically never happen.  I'm sure he'll never forget it.  

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be nice to be an overpaid G contractor with 12 weeks PTO. LOL
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    12 weeks - what do you think this is, Sweden?  But I sure made the most out of this week.  
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, hope your friend got some pictures.
    Boat Name : 

• GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    Summer in the north east the past two years was not great 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod

Very nice LaRea!  Glad you had a good trip!  Ours to visit you was exactly 396 miles, kind of ironic!

I'm sure glad I didn't listen to weather forecast the past 10 days either!  We had a wonderful time as well, but too bad we didn't meet up with you all!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We both cruised exactly the same number of miles?  Hilarious!  Yeah, we probably passed you on our way down from St. Michaels Friday morning.  Ten days just isn't enough.  
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    LaRea said:
    We both cruised exactly the same number of miles?  Hilarious!  Yeah, we probably passed you on our way down from St. Michaels Friday morning.  Ten days just isn't enough.  

I agree 10 days is definitely not enough.  We came thru Knapps narrows (Tilghman) just after 10am Friday.  I bet we were quite close crossing paths.  You probably had a bit of headwind for that longer ride, if I remember correctly.

Pau Hana didn't make it back the second weekend of the trip with us.  Marci broke her foot at Pirates & Wenches (didn't know it till she got home).  They've had a rough boating year.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express