Options

Need bolster replacement for captain's chair

midabistewmidabistew Member Posts: 1
Rinker 2010 Captiva 226 purchased from private party.  One of the two bolster seats are "limp" (see photo attached).  It would appear that the foam is either broken internally horizontally, or the glue holding the foam to a backer board has failed and the foam is now unsecured.  Makes it uncomfortable to sit in the chair with the bolster down (pictured) as there is no support.  Anyone know how I could buy a replacement bolster?  4 screws underneath bolster arms look like it would be easy enough to replace.  Alternatively I suppose I'll be removing it at the end of the season and finding a shop that can fix it locally.  Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have it repaired at an upholstery shop. The vinyl still looks new!
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think it would be cheaper fix also.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    boblittleboblittle Member Posts: 1
    This seems to be a common problem with these seats. I have had both seats repaired at an upholstery shop and the fix was short term. I have asked Rinker to help with a fix and they have not responded. This seems to be an engineering flaw and will probably require an engineering fix. Hoping to hear from Rinker, not holding my breath. 
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    boblittle said:
    This seems to be a common problem with these seats. I have had both seats repaired at an upholstery shop and the fix was short term. I have asked Rinker to help with a fix and they have not responded. This seems to be an engineering flaw and will probably require an engineering fix. Hoping to hear from Rinker, not holding my breath. 
    The folks to find would be the vendor who made the seats.  Rinker just bought them and stuck them in the boat.  Might want to look for a tag or some other identification on the seat that will tell you who made them.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX