2005 342 Ice maker spring service.

johnepjohnep Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
I have a new to me 342 and need some insight to getting the ice maker up and running.  It had been stored for a few years winterized.  Not sure how to go about it.

Comments

• DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    What's wrong with it? Is it not getting cold enough? Is it cold but not making ice?
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • johnepjohnep Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    I have not used it yet. I figured there must be a procedure to getting the anti freeze out of the water lines before I use it. I have no idea how it works or the sequence to get it up and running after winter storage. It's all new to me.
  • DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    So the water line for the icemaker "T"'s off of the line to your cockpit sink. You could either flush out as much as you can on that line and then run the ice maker for a while or unscrew the water line at the ice maker (after removal of the bottom panel) and have someone jockey the water pump on and off. Be careful as it'll really squirt water out of there.
    Maybe others have a different or better way, I'm sure they'll share if they do.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,457 admin
    Just run the ice maker and after two "dumps" the antifreeze is gone. There is a on/off switch on the front just under where the door closes. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes dream says this is how we know the pink stuff freezes. Plug in the boat trun on the power flip the rocker switch and it should start humming.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, run it, fill the bin half way and dump that, then enjoy cold drinks. If you want to get ambitious it is a good idea to vacuum the fan and coils every few years on the ice maker and fridges 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed with all.  I let mine run for 2 or 3 bins full of ice and just dump the output.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• McGarnicleMcGarnicle Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    My ice maker works great, but not sure I trust the tank quality or the water from my marina to actually use it. I flushed the whole water system so might give it a try but for now I've just been dumping bag ice in it to stay frozen. 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,556 mod
    I agree with others. Love using the ice maker!! Always full and ready when I get to boat. If you empty water tank and use ice every weekend, it stays fresh.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express