Options

Best Way to Bleed Air from A/C System?

Alas, my 342FV's A/C system has "evil air" in the lines.  The wall unit is telling me high-pressure, turn it off now!
I'd greatly appreciate any expertise you may have concerning best procedure to bleed this unwanted air out of the system.  Is there an easy method?  Hopefully....  Thanks!

Answers

• Options
    jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    Most people on the site say the best way to purge the air is to run the boat up on plane with the A/C seacock open. If yo have a generator, you may want to run the A/C off the gen while underway.
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    Thats what worked for me
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take her for a nice cruse. always worked for me to.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Put a T into the line with a ball valve.  With the a.c. off open the valve and all the air should burp out.  Close valve and turn on ac
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I clean my filter out at the dock I just re fill the filter with tap water and then run it, air works itself out pretty quick. If I need to bleed then i pull the output line off of the electric pump and start it, once the pump is shooting water put the hose back on quickly, that always works to re prime. Agree that a boat ride on plane also gets it done.
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    glshoemakerglshoemaker Member Posts: 25
    Terrific guidance... thanks to all who replied!  Will attack the project this weekend, and hopefully restore cool breezes to belowdeck!
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can also crack the filter open, with seacock open, let the air bleed out. The tee piece with a bleed valve is the easiest way though.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"