Options

Rain

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
Is it ever going to stop freaking raining out????? Boating season is short enough but now rain every day. WTF???
2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Comments

• Options
    bat32bat32 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    Rain and the fact it's either 100* or 60*.  No in between.

• Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    It's no better here called for 10% last weekend rained for 2 days

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain and wind here. 2-4' waves on the big lake slows the fun down.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Was able to go for a trip to the Harbar (Boston slang..lol) yesterday with the threat of rain and it was windy but not to bad. Forcast for the week........More friggin rain and thunder storms all week...WTF
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod

I just go.  If it rains, hunker down and wait til its gone.  Using a quick look at radar on your phone is a great thing.  We were out for the last 10 days on the boat & yesterday we came in less than a half hour after a huge storm hit our marina.  Nice & dry and not a drop on us, but the marina was still drying off! :D

It does look like the afternoon storms could dampen some fireworks.  I'm hoping we can dodge another one or two this Wed evening (we go out for a bunch on the 3rd, then sit back and watch a bunch from our marina on the 4th)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    That has been our woeful lot here in the midwest. Rain, rain & more rain! 17 of 30 days in June and not light showers either, but deluges in the several inches amounts per event. I'm hoping we won't see a repeat of the devastating floods we experienced here in 08, not just because, selfishly, it keeps us off the water, but all the property loss, and lives and livelyhoods ruined.
  • Options
    l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

I would love some of that rain. Been 100+ since Thursday, forcast says it will cool back to mid 80's on Saturday. Expected high at boat Tuesday is 105*.

Len

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

• Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

I hear ya! Why can't  the weather be evenly spread across the country so all have the perfect balance of wet/dry, warm/cool, best for boating, best for crops, best for low wildfire danger? And our hearts go out to the families of the valiant, heroic firefighters whose lives were lost, selflessly giving of themselves in order to save others.

• Options
    How soon we forget that just about a month ago we had snow....lol Welcome to New England 
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    I'm 800 miles northeast in Halifax and we are getting the same crap. So far summer was on a Tuesday last week. Our season is even shorter so this is really discouraging. The entire Canada Day weekend was a washout.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod

I feel for those that took this week for their boat trips (which with the holiday is quite a few).  We had rain most of yesterday and today looks similar.  50% chance tomorrow making me not sure if we will see the fireworks from the boat.  I gues worse case we'll be dock rats for a day or two!

Raybo, you guys up there have had it pretty bad this year!  I'm sure the dry miserable heat will be next.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Dream we are getting everything. Tornado's, down pours, high winds, fog, hail. Like I said gutta love New England....
  • Options
    BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭

this thread is entertaining and healthy for me. It's good to know that I'm not the only one in pain about all this rain...

seems like it hasn't stopped raining in the DC area since the Spring started. yeah, we've been out some, but it could always be more!

• Options
    gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    My water bill was $1,000 for watering my new lawn for three weeks, right before all this rain started.  I appreciated the financial assistance in making my lawn look better from Mother Nature, but really, it's all set....you can stop the rain now.  Really!!  
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie