Shallow Water/Draft Depth

2»

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we counting inches now MT??
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Steve, but the marine repair shops do.....  1" = $2,500.00 per drive.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,570 mod
    I measured the draft on my 370 ... it's right around 36".  Same as my old 342 with the 350/B3 package.  
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:
    Well, my 400 only drafts 3 feet...even less with the drives up.

Is that true draft from water line, or from where the sonar is measuring (bottom of hull?)

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Most of the big Rinkers run 36 inches of true draft, from the waterline to the bottom of the skeg.  In the shallow waters of the Potomac, it's one of my boat's best qualities.  
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    Yep, like LaRea said, true draft.  It makes it really nice to anchor up in some shallow sandy areas.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that's amazing such a big boat, only 3' draft. Excellent.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Ok, I'm on my dock looking at the 360. It has the seacore drives, which should be the same length as mine. It sits in the water with the top of gimbal ring at top of water. So, about 4 inches in tbe water lower than mine, or 42 inches total. This is a loaded model, just like MTs. I'll have to check on year, but if I remember right its around 2012.

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So he was right, don't ya just hate that. Just kidding
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:
    Ok, I'm on my dock looking at the 360. It has the seacore drives, which should be the same length as mine. It sits in the water with the top of gimbal ring at top of water. So, about 4 inches in tbe water lower than mine, or 42 inches total. This is a loaded model, just like MTs. I'll have to check on year, but if I remember right its around 2012.
    We need more facts like a picture of the tape measure at the bottom of the skeg
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Veeeeeery interesting DI! :-).......now add four or was it five Series 31 AGM batteries and 2014 502s with those big cats on them......do I hear 46 inches ??????

Memory isn't what it was back in 2016 - LOL - but I "think" my gimbals and entire transom mount was under water - without anyone on board.....water was just about lapping at the underside of the swim platform.

Maybe it was all those underwater lights on the transom LOL.

So bottom line - here's why really appreciate this forum - we tease the sh*t out of each other from time to time......but we ALL want to get our facts right because that ensures the safety and protection of our boats and passengers.

DI's post just makes me respect him more! 

What did that cop show detective say? "Just the facts ma'm nothing but the facts".

• Options
    What's the deadrise angle?  Can you post a photo of the transom?
  • Options

Man, you all are a PITA, wanting pictures. I knew you would, but said heck with it. It's raining this morning, so no pics. So at 42 inches, it was still a half foot less than 4 ft and 6 more than 36. (yes, I can do math). MT, I'll have to get more facts, like year and engines. I will say the water line is definitely a few inches or more from bottom of swim platform.

I will say, at 42ish inches, that's more than I thought it'd be. :). I feel I need to measure from bottom of skeg to bottom of swim platform.