Options

2005 342 enclosure question

johnepjohnep Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
I am getting and estimate to have a new enclosure made.  I have the removable rear bows (with the quick releases), the rear bow near the top of the arch(held on by thumb screws), and the front bow and supports. My question is there are thumb screws at the rear bottom of the arch as well but I have no bows.  What are those used for?  I have seen pictures of the rear enclosure folded to the arch and would like to be able to do that.  I am not sure if I need another bow to make that happen. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You pull the pins on the rear bow and move it to the thumb screws and then you need to tie the top to the arch.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zoom in on the pic. You maybe able to see it
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,547 mod
    No, you don't need additional parts to fold up the canvas.  

The thumb screws at the base of the arch are used to secure the bottoms of the rear bow when it's folded up against the arch. You disconnect it from the rear quick releases, and move it the ones at the base of the arch.  Does that make sense?
  • Options
    johnepjohnep Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    You guys rock!  Always the right answer FAST!
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are ok with the same stock replacement canvas that came with the boat originally @boattech01 will be able to get you a great price on full replacement sunbrella from Ameritex 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    If you are considering any modes to the canvas, I can highly recommend looking at the Stamoid material over Sunbrella/Ameritex. 
    Post edited by Black_Diamond on

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    If you are considering any modes to the canvas, I can highly recommend looking at the Stamoid material over Subrella/Ameritex. 

I agree!  I have stamoid light for my winter cover and going on the 7th winter using it with no problems.  It's been in 80+mph winds and covered with several feet of snow (I know, that's a bad word right now).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express