close off panel behind helm 04 FV 270

Anybody had to fix the panel closing off behind the helm on a fv270?

Looks like mine has broken off its attachments and now sometimes gets in the way of allowing the cabin door to open.

what is best way to get access to fix this?

thanks

Comments

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what panel behind the helm? I have no panel and I've had that all apart...can you visually see it or is it just the door binding leading you to that conclusion? I had a problem with my door sticking and not wanting to open and the track needed some tweaking...
  • diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    I think there’s a black piece of plastic that protects the wiring from the sliding door. You can access it by removing the dash panels... not sure how/where it secures to though. 
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a 2003 and no panel behind the door I did have to tie up some wires that were hanging 
  • skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    I've got that panel on my 2002 270...its also loose but doesn't get in the way of the door.  I bet you could apply some adhesive to the seam and clamp it maybe.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • 04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    skuter99 said:

Anybody had to fix the panel closing off behind the helm on a fv270?

Looks like mine has broken off its attachments and now sometimes gets in the way of allowing the cabin door to open.

what is best way to get access to fix this?

thanks

Mine popped off of one of the mounting bolts and caught the door. I have some wires routed behind the corner to hold it off the door. It looks like a giant PITA to fix it.
  • skuter99skuter99 Member Posts: 174 ✭✭
    thanks all. yes it is the black panel between the wires and the door.