Options

Where is the holding tank sender located?

johnepjohnep Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
I have a 2005 342 and my holding tank read out is staying on empty.  Is the sender easy to get to?  I would like to test it and replace if needed.  Also I am looking for the forward bilge pump.  It keeps popping the breaker.  Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the port seating area. There is a deck plate. That will give you access. If you need to replace, get the length off tge label. Fireboy-xinex is the place. 

You can try cleaning it with The Works toilet bowl cleaner first. 

The bilge pump you seek is the mid-berth one. Pull the cushions from the mid berth bunk. The center-rear opening to the bilge will have that pump in it. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    Ya, what he ^^^^^^^ said.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All true unless you have the sensa tank system that I have on my 06 342 which has sensors glued to the side of the tank. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    I truly appreciate all the help you guys have given me! This boat has needed attention in almost all systems and I have gotten the right answers here.  I have been on it for the last three days and it would not have been possible without your help. Thank you all!
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    This is a great forum for info, even non-Rinker owners come here for the information that relates to all boats. My buddy with a Bayliner looks here after he finds nothing on their forum and usually finds it here.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    johnep said:
    I truly appreciate all the help you guys have given me! This boat has needed attention in almost all systems and I have gotten the right answers here.  I have been on it for the last three days and it would not have been possible without your help. Thank you all!
    Let us know how much you have spent on your hobby. LOL
  • Options
    @johnep that's why boat is an acronym and not a noun....

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    johnep said:
    Let us know how much you have spent on your hobby. LOL

I will spend whatever I want. I don't see why it would concern you. Please don't respond to my posts asking for help. Move on. LOL
  • Options
    Open that checkbook!!!!!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    John, this is definitely a great site for those that like to learn how to fix things on their own.  You've gotta ignore that Handy guy! :) He is going thru a phase right now!  (getting much older, selling his boat, and going RVing)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    Yeah, you'll get used to Handy.  Half of his posts contain useful gems of wisdom and boat knowledge.  The other half say "diesels are best" or, lately, "boating isn't cost-effective."

When float switches foul, you can usually clean them and keep them going another year or two.  Eventually, it becomes easier to replace them.  On my 342, I replaced mine around year 8.  
  • Options
     My plan is to replace anything that is an issue now and start a log book of repairs. We have certainly enjoyed our short time onboard.  It does get a bit taxing to bring a neglected boat back up to par but we will get there.  Fortunately I can do most of the repairs myself, just need the right direction!  I have found this forum to be filled with helpful and accurate trouble fixing folks. 

It would appear Handy has become a bit bitter.  Cant handle a boat anymore so needs to stay on land?  I am glad I retired early so I still have many years before I turn to the dark side.  Thank you all for the help and guidance you have given me! 
  • Options
    Open that checkbook!!!!!

Don't you worry it's full.  This boat will certainly not put a dent in it.  But thank you for your concern.

• Options
    A repair log is critical.  I keep mine as a spreadsheet that I can reach from boat, home or anywhere.  All work gets logged with date, engine hours, part numbers, etc. 
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    A repair log is critical.  I keep mine as a spreadsheet that I can reach from boat, home or anywhere.  All work gets logged with date, engine hours, part numbers, etc. 
    Do you record your trips as well including before and after hours?
  • Options
    LaRea said:

I have done the same.  Easy to track whats been done and when.  I keep all invoices with vendor and part numbers as well.  If something fails early I will be looking into another source for the failed part.  Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    Yes, I log every trip in a paper log book.  Hours, fuel, weather, usually some trip notes.  

This weekend, a bunch of us were sitting around griping about losing so much boating time because of the ridiculous amount of rain.  Then I grabbed my log book and realized -- no, I actually have 60 hours on the boat this season, and we've been underway 42 times.  That's not a bad year, and I have six weeks left.  
  • Options
    I have 2 left thanks to the NY Canals system, closing early again. Have to get into the Hudson by the 10th to her winter home.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”