Options

farias depth finder

cap246cap246 Member Posts: 9
I can't shut off the alarm on my farias depth finder that came as standard equipment on my captiva 246.  I have the shallow depth set at 2ft and the deep at 199.  Alarm will go off for time to time for no reason.  Any one know how to shut the alarm off.  Instruction manual is useless.

Comments

• Options
    thank you.  I can't get the shallow reset below 2'.  It's a new boat (2013) and the dealer does not know anything about the depth finder.

• Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    @cap246 ... will check with engineers on this. Have you called Faria yet? 860.848.9271
  • Options
    Faria will be my next call.  Just thought when you buy a new boat the dealer would know more about the product its selling and the manufacturer would know more about the product its producing.  Seems like Rinker should have a one point of information for the product it sells.  This boat is three weeks old and I can't get answers.  Sorry Steve but calling Faria is not my idea of customer service from Rinker, your just passing the buck.
  • Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod

I would be all over the dealer.  Case in point.....a friend bought a boat recently (not a Rinker though).  Faria depth gauge was not working at all.  After taking the helm apart, I found that the transducer wasn't even plugged in.  Now, it may have dislodged during shipment but if it was assembled properly, there's no way the weatherpack connector should have come apart.  I hold the dealer responsible as they are the ones who should have checked everything out prior to delivery.  Isn't that what PDI means??!?

Mark

Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    Thanks Mark.  This is my re-entry into boating after a 10 year hiatus.  One of the reasons I got out of it was the lack of service from most marinas.  As to the current Rinker dealer, I have become exasperated with trying to get results from them.  They act like they're doing me a favor.
  • Options
    @cap246 ... just an idea until I get something else from the engineering dept. No reason to wait in case there's nothing they can add to discussion. Not trying to pass the buck...making sure all the bases are covered so you can get the problem fixed as soon as possible. Dealer is responsible for final rigging as @mvn points out, so they should be the first line of trouble-shooting on a new boat. Are you saying they didn't even look at the boat yet? 
  • Options
    They told me they would get back to me, 2 days ago.
  • Options
    What's the dealer name? 
  • Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    cap246 said:
    Thanks Mark.  This is my re-entry into boating after a 10 year hiatus.  One of the reasons I got out of it was the lack of service from most marinas.  As to the current Rinker dealer, I have become exasperated with trying to get results from them.  They act like they're doing me a favor.

I hear you.  I am totally discouraged with dealers of any kind whether it be cars & trucks, small engines, ATV's, sleds or boats.  Truly great service just doesn't seem to exist any longer and is extremely hard to find.

Is this the manual you are referring to?

Mark

Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    Thanks Mark, yes that's the manual.  Didn't get one with the new boat, had to e-mail Rinker and they sent me one as an e-mail attachment.