Options

2005 342 front hatch leaks.

johnepjohnep Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
edited September 2018 in General Boating Discussions
My resurrection continues.  We spent three fun days on our new rig but I notices water drops collecting around the front hatch frame.  The entire frame was wet, not just one area.  It was not raining but very foggy. It there a seal that normally goes or a way to tighten the sealing area?  The more time we spend onboard the more we love this boat!  By next years launch I will have a new/rebuilt boat!

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like it’s could’ve been condensation in the cabin building up on the metal frame.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes did you have the AC set at 70 or less?
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will get condensation on the frame/hatch if it is humid inside.  

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
      We are due to get some rain tomorrow, I will take a look then and see what things look like.  It was very wet not just damp.  But you guys have not steered me wrong yet.  Thanks again for the help!
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, it’s beem super humid and foggy here, I keep the ac at 71. So all three of my top hatches have condensation and sometimes it looked like the entire rim is wet especially over the v birth. Not a leak, just condensation 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed when the shade closed it helps keep the moisture down. If you think its leaking lay on the bed and have a helper spray it with the hose.ps have a towel ready.

Hate to give you the bad news but when its totally rebuilt it will break again. It's not if it breaks down, it's when it breaks down.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Once again you guys are right. We had 4" of rain and no wet spots under the hatch. I did not have the a/c or heater running so that may helped with the condensation.   Next time I will have it on.
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    johnep said:
    Once again you guys are right. We had 4" of rain and no wet spots under the hatch. I did not have the a/c or heater running so that may helped with the condensation.   Next time I will have it on.
    Does your A/C into dehumidification mode? With the unit running try pressing power and temp down buttons at the same time and it should go into dehumidification mode.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    I will give that a try this weekend.  Thanks for the tip raybo3!
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Was about to say the same thing - we leave ours in that mode as we leave and it does help.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Also make sure your fan is set to auto as on humid and warm days if you crank the setpoint down but have low air flow (speed 1 or 2) there's a good chance you'll ice up the unit. You can change a number of parameters on the MarineAir like min speed etc, I recently posted the manual.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree that fan should be on auto and be allowed to do variable speed on auto. We use the HU1 humidity mode when we are gone for the week during the hotter months 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)