Options

Normal oil pressure 8.2L MAG

determineddetermined Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
Hello, what's the normal operating oil pressure for 8.2L MAG.   I have a 2012 Rinker 360 with these motors.
Warmed up at idle, the PSI is 61 psi (port), 54 psi (starboard).   Is this normal?
Thank you.

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Sorry If I'm repeating myself, I wanted to thank everyone for their insightful answers.
    It will be interesting to see if the fresh oil makes a difference.  I won't know until spring as I'm wintering the boat at the moment.   Season is always to short.  Some asked if I had analog or smartcraft.  This is a smartcraft system.   Honestly, I think I preferred the analogue gauges, easier to see everything in one glance without going through screen after screen after screen.   Wishing you a terrific winter!

Answers

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those numbers seem good to me, what are they at cruise?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    But 7psi is between 11 and 13%, more than the 5%. However wouldn't you be more concerned with it being within tolerance for the engine, not in comparison to another?

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Good Morning, thank you for the feedback.   When I say warmed up, I ran the boat up on plane - 3300 or so RPM, that's when I noticed the starboard engine oil pressure start to drop, come back up slightly drop.  It fluctuated between about 55 and 66 which I thought was odd.  The port stayed steady in the high 60s.  One manual I found on line says the operating PSI for these is between 30 and 70.   So, back to port, engine temp steady at 169F, but port reading  61, starboard 54 at 650 rpm, in neutral.   Don't know if its normal and always been this way, and perhaps I'm just noticing it now.    The other odd this, is the port OBD is on, dimly lit, I can't figure that out either.

Thank you gentlemen for your advice.
  • Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    The 502's M.T is speaking of stay really close in oil pressure. 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Bryan. That's the way I remember it. I think my 350 mags were real close too!