edited October 2018
    I am partway through winterizing my 342.   Here is where I am at so far

My mechanic did the following:
    •Oil change with new filters on engines and gen
    •Fuel filters engine and gen

I have done the following:
    •Drain water tank
    •Drain water heater and engage bypass
    •Attach 40 psi compressed air to the shore water inlet to blow out all hot and cold water outlets in galley, head, shower, wetbar and transom shower.  Also blew out water heater, ice maker by disconnecting the line and both sides of the freshwater pump by disconnecting it.  
    • Blew out AC by disconnecting at the seacock and cleaned the strainer.  Also opened the seacock as I was in the water and blew air in to get the water out of the ball valve 
    • Blew out the head by disconnecting at seacock and blew out the seacock. 
    • Winterized the shower sump with Pink antifreze
    • Stopped for a pumpout on the way to the pullout. 

Next my mechanic will winterize the engines, gen and drives on land

Anything I missed?
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JPC said:
    I am partway through winterizing my 342.   Here is where I am at so far

My mechanic did the following:
    •Oil change with new filters on engines and gen
    •Fuel filters engine and gen

I have done the following:
    •Drain water tank
    •Drain water heater and engage bypass
    •Attach 40 psi compressed air to the shore water inlet to blow out all hot and cold water outlets in galley, head, shower, wetbar and transom shower.  Also blew out water heater, ice maker by disconnecting the line and both sides of the freshwater pump by disconnecting it.  
    • Blew out AC by disconnecting at the seacock and cleaned the strainer.  Also opened the seacock as I was in the water and blew air in to get the water out of the ball valve 
    • Blew out the head by disconnecting at seacock and blew out the seacock. 
    • Winterized the shower sump with Pink antifreze
    • Stopped for a pumpout on the way to the pullout. 

Next my mechanic will winterize the engines, gen and drives on land

Anything I missed?
    How much??? LOL
  • Options
    McGarnicleMcGarnicle Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    I changed my fluids on the motors and drives this past June with Amsoil, maybe put 20hrs on it. My mechanic said to wait till next year to change but keep hearing that it should be done now because it will become acidic. What is everyones opinion on this? 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    I changed my fluids on the motors and drives this past June with Amsoil, maybe put 20hrs on it. My mechanic said to wait till next year to change but keep hearing that it should be done now because it will become acidic. What is everyones opinion on this? 

I'd change it, but that's me.  I always like to have fresh oil in it for the winter.  Now, if you had said 5 hours I'd feel a bit different.  I think I'll have about 3 hours on my "fresh" oil before layup because I knew I wasn't do much the last couple weekends and wanted to get a head start.

@Handymans342 , I spend less than $200 for complete winterization (that's oil change (genny, engine and outdrive) and waxing included...of course the cover's already paid for).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Dream_Inn said:

I'd change it, but that's me.  I always like to have fresh oil in it for the winter.  Now, if you had said 5 hours I'd feel a bit different.  I think I'll have about 3 hours on my "fresh" oil before layup because I knew I wasn't do much the last couple weekends and wanted to get a head start.

@Handymans342 , I spend less than $200 for complete winterization (that's oil change (genny, engine and outdrive) and waxing included...of course the cover's already paid for).

Thats kind of what I'm thinking, and besides then I don't have to worry about it next year. 
  • Options
    How much for the Marina work?
  • Options

-Outdoor storage $748

-Bottom Wash $238

-Shrink Wrap $408

-Winterize 

-Water System $85

-Engine $390

-Toilet $40

-A/C $55

-Generator $95

This is pricing from my marina for storage and winterizing for my 342

• Options
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod

NADA...I do it all myself.  My boat stays on the lift all winter (which is included in my slip fee).

But, if I were to have a marina do everything on my boat, it'd easily be over $3k.  & to "dewinterize", is about $1500!!  (you ask, what entails dewinterizing...yeah, crazy!)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Lol true that