Options

2006 Rinker 390 FV

Is there anyone locally in CT, Mass or NY that owns one of these? We are looking at buying one but I would really like to check one out in person before making the haul to the 2 I found that are several states away. Happy to pay for a tour or bribe with a dinner! lol 

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod

Come on down to MD!  My dock neighbor owns a 2006 390 with Diesels.  Very nice boat.  They've owned it since new. 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    jmichelsjmichels Member Posts: 311 ✭✭
    Unfortunately that's where the boat is I was looking at. Trying to find someone closer. I am in CT

Dream__Inn are they on this forum? Love to hear there feedback
  • Options
    jmichels said:
    Unfortunately that's where the boat is I was looking at. Trying to find someone closer. I am in CT

Dream__Inn are they on this forum? Love to hear there feedback

They aren't on this forum (always attend the Rinkervous though), but I do know them extremely well and know their boat very well.  There have been a few expensive parts replaced in the last year (I think turbo or something like that, it was very rusty). 

Where in MD is the boat that you are looking at?  Is it the one at Kent Island?  Curious why that one was repowered in 2011.

• Options
    Ya the one in Kent island.  Know the history?
  • Options
    jmichels said:
    Ya the one in Kent island.  Know the history?
    Well, I think I know some of it.  The boat was up for sale a few years back in bad shape (If I remember right - please don't quote me on it).  A buddy of mine was looking around & I'm pretty sure that is the one he had looked at.  It would've been after 2011 though, & I'm not sure I remember the new engine thing.

• Options
    hmmm interesting Dream Inn. Just the thought makes me a bit uneasy. Guess I will keep searching! 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You havent told us whats wrong with the Chap .
  • Options
    @jmichels , again, I'm not completely positive that is the boat.  I don't want to deter you from looking.  From the pics, the boat looks clean and worth looking at.

• Options
    Just quite a ride to check it out when I still havent been able to find a 390 around here just to see if I like the actual layout. bummed!
  • Options
    10 hour ride J  
  • Options
    See if there are any 400s near you.  They have the same layout as the 390.  Except the 400 has a couch instead of the wrap around seating the 390 has.  Plus the 400 has the larger swim platform and seat.

• Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    See if there are any 400s near you.  They have the same layout as the 390.  Except the 400 has a couch instead of the wrap around seating the 390 has.  Plus the 400 has the larger swim platform and seat.
    Are they the same LOA?  Do you mean couch in the cockpit or cabin? Thanks !
  • Options
    Couch in the cabin.  The 400 is basically the foot longer because it has a longer swim platform (same hull) with the larger seat.

• Options
    crap I cant have a boat longer then 42 feet max in my slip so guess its out!

• Options
    There are no larger slips??
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I believe the 390 is less than 42'.  My 400 I believe is 42'6", so the 390 would be 41'6"

• Options
    Dream Inn. Right thats what I meant its 390 or broke ! lol 

Handy ....there are but I just bought ( not rented anymore) a 40 foot slip. By Laws say max 42 feet . So didnt plan on getting a 50 foot slip already lol
  • Options
    jmichels said:
    Dream Inn. Right thats what I meant its 390 or broke ! lol 

Handy ....there are but I just bought ( not rented anymore) a 40 foot slip. By Laws say max 42 feet . So didnt plan on getting a 50 foot slip already lol
    That Trump economy must be doing really good for you Bro!
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jmichels said:
    Dream Inn. Right that's what I meant its 390 or broke ! lol 

Handy ....there are but I just bought ( not rented anymore) a 40 foot slip. By Laws say max 42 feet . So didn't plan on getting a 50 foot slip already lol
    Do they actually measure the boat?
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Just loosen the anchor and set it in the compartment, then it will be under 42' :)

• Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Ye never understood buying condo wells
    in my area we have few marinas that offer condo wells.
    anywhere from 15 to 35k
    You also pay association fees that equal to 3k which is what normal lease runs for everyone else lol
    only perk is you can have a golf kart lol
    i can drive my car or bicycle to the gas dock or pool and save 25k

Most marinas here are foregivig when it comes to stick out.
    like jetskis or dinghys 
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Show them the reg as it likely says 39’. Unless they state LOA the reg should be the number used.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    jmichels said:
    Dream Inn. Right that's what I meant its 390 or broke ! lol 

Handy ....there are but I just bought ( not rented anymore) a 40 foot slip. By Laws say max 42 feet . So didn't plan on getting a 50 foot slip already lol
    Do they actually measure the boat?
    yes believe it or not 
  • Options
    zaverin1 said:
    Ye never understood buying condo wells
    in my area we have few marinas that offer condo wells.
    anywhere from 15 to 35k
    You also pay association fees that equal to 3k which is what normal lease runs for everyone else lol
    only perk is you can have a golf kart lol
    i can drive my car or bicycle to the gas dock or pool and save 25k

Most marinas here are foregivig when it comes to stick out.
    like jetskis or dinghys 
    Condo wells?

Ya there are association fees but the lease/rent fees around here are much higher then that.The common fees also include all electricity and water . Most importantly most of my marina is owner owned slips not rentals so getting a rental is becoming harder and harder to find and basically a fight for a spot every year. So that's why I bought so I don't have to deal with that anymore.  In addition we have a huge club house with showers, kitchen, living etc that is soley for the marina owners to use and you get to store 1 PWC on dry dock as well .