Options

FV270 Air Conditioning Outlet

Can anybody tell me which of these 5 holes is the discharge hole for the air conditioning on a 2004 FV270?

They are on the starboard side. Want to shoot some antifreeze through the air conditioning system.

This is my first year with this boat.

Thanks for the help.

Answers

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the picture? I thought the AC drained to the bilge on a 270??
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod

Handy, he isn't look for the condensate line, he's looking for the actual discharge (you know, to put antifreeze thru??)...you need to go back to your RV! :)

Skuter, If you show a picture I'm sure someone will help you figure it out.  You could also disconnect the hose from the seacock and turn it on and let it draw it thru.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Bathroom sink
    Gallery sink
    Shower box
    Mid ship bulge
    A/C 
    Not an answer but maybe process of elimination.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:

Handy, he isn't look for the condensate line, he's looking for the actual discharge (you know, to put antifreeze thru??)...you need to go back to your RV! :)

Skuter, If you show a picture I'm sure someone will help you figure it out.  You could also disconnect the hose from the seacock and turn it on and let it draw it thru.

You are such a hater lately. LOL
  • Options
    laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    on my 2005 270 it is the left side lowest one. I changed my ac to the new 8000 btu and we had to replace the through hull because it cracked
  • Options
    skuter99skuter99 Member Posts: 174 ✭✭

Sorry having trouble loading image...

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of the 4 that are together, it is the lower left one.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    on mine its the one with the white plastic discharge ring all the other ones are stainless 
  • Options
    04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    could just pump the anitfreeze thru from the inlet side under the bed to make sure.
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    Starboard side... this guy:
  • Options
    jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    I used a "fake lake" on my 242, basically a plunger with a garden hose fitting that covers the pick-up under the boat. I have a five gallon bucket that I drilled a hole in the side near the bottem, installed a piece of pipe with a valve and 6ft garden hose that attaches to the fake lake. I fill the bucket half way up with anti-freeze, attach a rope to the midship cleat and adjust so the bucket is slightly higher than the pick-up. Open the hose on the bucket, turn on the A/C and watch for anti-freeze to pump overboard, shut off the A/C breaker and done.
  • Options
    I drill a hole 1/2” hole in the cap of the antifreeze jug and install a short length of 1/2” clear hose into it(I don’t even glue it, it’s snug enough)... then just put the hose into the antifreeze thru-hull outlet and back feed until the pink stuff comes out the bottom of the boat.... done.  
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    @diggin2day1 -  I was also thinking about this method, but maybe buying a cheap transfer pump to get a little assistance? How high do you hold the jug above the outlet to get enough gravity feed pressure to get all the way through the line? And how long does it take? If your method is successful, I'd save a few bucks...
  • Options
    The clear hose is only about 12” long, so about 6-10 inches above hole.... takes about 30 seconds until I see a steady stream of pink coming from the bottom. 
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a small sump pump I use on my ac.  Antifreeze in a bucket...pump goes in bucket and pump through the thru hull @diggin2day1 pointed out.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options

Thanks everybody for the help and suggestions.

In case anybody else is new and wondering, the air conditioning outlet on my 04 FV 270 was the starboard side lower rear hole of the 4 holes that were clustered together.

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skennelly said:
    I have a small sump pump I use on my ac.  Antifreeze in a bucket...pump goes in bucket and pump through the thru hull @diggin2day1 pointed out.
    That is what I do. It is the same pump that I use to run antifreeze into the engines.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!