Options

She's making ice!

WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
Pic on my way to work this morning. Starting to build ice off in the distance. Won't be long until ice fishing.
140 days until launch!

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)

Comments

• Options
    kordokordo Member Posts: 229 ✭✭
    I'm in Collingwood not too far from you, we got 6" of snow overnight.  When I was younger, I liked the snow, not any more.
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a very thin layer of ice in my canal.  I expect to see ice fishing any day.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kordo said:
    I'm in Collingwood not too far from you, we got 6" of snow overnight.  When I was younger, I liked the snow, not any more.
    Nice view of the ski slope in the distance.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mowed my grass yesterday and fertilized....
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    That's right Ras, RUB IT IN!!! :) Most of us poor suckers are closer to 40 degrees North latitude or more and freezing our A$$ES off right about now.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    edited December 2018

@kordo Collingwood, is that off Georgian bay?  Is it Blue Mountain in the background?  I had really good buddy in my younger days that his whole family had cottages on Wasaga (?) beach.  When you said Collingwood, I believe that was nearby.  Man were those the days!  I only got to go there in the winter (sounds like it is great in the summer, being the largest freshwater beach in the world).  Anyhow, I did a lot of snow skiing at Blue Mt.  I can remember some crazy amounts of snow that would blow up off the bay over those cottages right on the beach (I tripped over the rooftop peak walking in the snow down to the ice).

Oh, and the topic "making ice", I thought referred to someone happy about their ice maker working! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    kordokordo Member Posts: 229 ✭✭
    Dream Inn, yes that is Blue Mountain and we do get a lot of snow due to the prevailing winds coming off of Georgian Bay.  Collingwood used to be a ship building town but now it's mainly a tourist destination.  Skiing in the winter, water sports in the summer (Georgian Bay and the thirty thousand islands) along with lots of golf courses.  If you get back to Blue Mountain, you'll see lots of changes and lots more people and homes. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Those are really pretty pictures. I lived in ND for a few years- lots of cold but not a lot of snow. We did have a snowmobile but 45 years ago they were a lot less reliable and it was an off brand to boot. We did rent a farm house on a 700 acre wheat farm and while it had its own beauty summer and winter- nothing like the views above. I road a horse alot through the country side. Next adventure was the middle east before settling back here in FL so I think I see a trend for the weather. I would love to snowmobile the trails Al speaks of- did a little skiing on the bunny slopes so I think that ship has sailed. Florida winters are stay in the house when its cold because there is really nothing to do outside. Fortunately the cold spells dont last long. It's a different life for sure...