Options

Grey water tank

cls10105cls10105 Member Posts: 352 ✭✭
Where is the grey water tank located on a 2002 342 fv
cruising on 6. tw0s

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not all of them had a grey water tank. Usually it is fresh water and black water. grey water was an option depending on what body of water the boat is on.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Oh. Thanks i didn't know that
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully you don’t have one, would really stink to have to empty gray water. Some lakes require them and if I were on one of those lakes I’d find a new lake pronto. DanD2 has one and its in the storage compartment in the aft cabin, if you have a nice big storage compartment behind the mirror in the aft cabin then you have no gray water tank. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    I looked it is a nice big storage area, lol,,,thanks man

cruising on 6. tw0s
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    cls10105 said:
    I looked it is a nice big storage area, lol,,,thanks man

That would mean that your grey water dumps into your black water tank.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    edited December 2018
    No, it means that your grey water dumps overboard.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Unless the lake doesn’t allow it and then it goes into the black. Lake George up here doesn’t allow gray overboard and I heard they insist on plugged through hulls to be sure. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Dream_Inn said:
    No, it means that your grey water dumps overboard.
    Exactly, you have no grey tank so all sinks and shower are going overboard, that’s how almost all of our boats are.... only thing going in a tank is the toilet, rest is overboard 

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    icoultha said:
    Unless the lake doesn’t allow it and then it goes into the black. Lake George up here doesn’t allow gray overboard and I heard they insist on plugged through hulls to be sure. 
    We get talk of this around Lake Simcoe from time to time, but so far not a concerted effort. There's WAY more phosphates and crap going into the watershed from all the farming activity and housing than boats. But as a reasonable compromise it is encouraged to use low phosphate soaps and "environmentally friendly" shampoos etc. and we try and limit how much we use. Besides, the more soap you use the more of your precious fresh water you have to use to rinse. These can be found in a lot of marine and camping/RV places.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    I will check into that soap and shampoo thanks willhound.
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No worries @cls10105 . It just also occurred to me that if you are a first time cruiser owner with a head, look at biodegradeable single ply toilet tissue. Again, marine or RV supply places. Lot less likely to clog up your head or hoses and tank. Some people even go the extra step of not allowing ANY paper down the head and bag it, but we find that a little gross for an overnight "big" job and flush it. We really try to use as little as possible though. And sometimes if the Admiral just has a little "tinkle" she will place it in a plastic bag that at the end of the day gets tied up tight and placed in the thrash. Trust me, nobody that has owned a cruiser longer than one season hasn't had an experience of having to pull a black water hose or clear a clog or fix a pump. I keep several pairs of disposable rubber gloves on the boat at all times.  :s
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Walmart sells RV/marine poo tickets at a better price than an RVmarine store. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Lol, good to know
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    We Frequently travel to Mexico (will be there in Feb) and many places do not allow TP to be flushed. No big deal. You get used to the routine, and if it will prevent a clog on your cruiser, I say all well and good. Yeah, the "ick" factor is something us Norte Americanos have a hard time getting used to, but in the interest of trouble free plumbing, worth it, to be sure!
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    While we are on the topic. Do not be embarrassed to tell ALL the woman do not flush, sanitary napkins, or  Plug's (forgot what they are called) having that discussion will be in your best interest.  

Edit: Ok its' a half hour later, I remember what they are called,  Tampon. LOL
    Post edited by randy56 on
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Lol Randy
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    I'm right there with glassguy.  I like to use that good soft toilet paper.  I have a little sign in the head, if you didn't eat or drink it, it doesn't go down the toilet! :)  About a month ago I just got done changing out all 4 duckbills (any of you with vacuflush know what they are - or will know).  I also learned that eating peanuts on a boat isn't a good thing either (goes back to the first time I learned what duckbills are, on day 2 of our 10-day trip in hot July).  I will say, we use the crap out of our head!  Don't be afraid, that is what it is there for!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    On the boat we only use the West Marine biodegradable TP so that when the head is sucked out, its all liquid we see in the window, no chunks of TP to clog up anything. I used to use Walmart's RV TP which is cheaper and also biodegradable but the West stuff really is a lot better and usually 2 for 1 in the spring which gets us through a summer easily. 

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    We've use Scott RV/Marine paper and Campa-Chem tank treatment from Wal-Mart.  Not had any problems with them.

When overnighting in Canada we bring the biodegradable soap and shampoo.  I should probably just leave them aboard all the time.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    who needs all that 
    watched a guy one time  dump his crap overboard. It was a ocean boat and bypass obviously wasn’t capped.