Options

HELP--- Bravo III info needed

I have an 06 EC 270. Bravo III 2.20. 496 2 props, 22P. 

1) I'm looking for a Bravo III
2) Looking for props, too
3) I'd like to get a little more top end speed, is 24P or 26P an option??

Comments

• Options
    laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    Bottom line call Hill Marine and the 4x4 props! Search the forum we have been having lots of positive discussions about them. I purchased them 2 years ago and they are amazing. If you can then they will guide you in the right direction. I have an 2005 270 and it made a huge difference. I also had 22p and with 20p 4x4 hill marine 
  • Options
    Also you will not get much more top end speed unfortunately. But you will rocket out of the water and get on plane much faster and it will seem you are going faster. The boat is big and under powered and I understand. I would love to go 40mph without always running WOT 
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought a new drive for my 270 .i mentioned that I was going to use the hill props and they told me it would void the warranty so I got the Merc 4X 3 I’m happy with them ,if they ever is a need  to replace them I’ll replace with the hill props 
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think someone gave you a BS line on the outdrive warranty. Just saying. 

BTW the 4x4 Hill Marine props are amazing on my 342. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    I agree
    warranty statement was bs
     you are not replacing any internal parts.
    props are like wheels and tires on cars.

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    Well not not the first time but I’m happy faith the 4x3 props 
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    @jimmcg8 =i have the same boat with generator=it came with 24p
    depending on conditions and load i have seen 42 thru 46 mph on gps
  • Options
    pistolepistole Member Posts: 158 ✭✭
    trip_n said:
    @jimmcg8 =i have the same boat with generator=it came with 24p
    depending on conditions and load i have seen 42 thru 46 mph on gps

thats is alot of speed
  • Options
    jimmcg8jimmcg8 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I have seen 45- with 2 big guys down below deck. I can't seem to get there empty, can't trim her out enough before she starts porpoising...
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    jimmcg8 said:
    I have seen 45- with 2 big guys down below deck. I can't seem to get there empty, can't trim her out enough before she starts porpoising...

Sounds like you need to add an all-chain rhode in the bow. :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:
    jimmcg8 said:

Sounds like you need to add an all-chain rhode in the bow. :)
    I did that.  Put 200 feet of chain in the windlass.  Added about 145 Lbs.  It did seem to help some.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Or add lead ingots in the anchor locker like I did. 😊

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    So looks like the everyone is adding weight in the anchor lockers on the Rinkers? Anyone have luck with weight in anchor locker with a 270? And black diamond tell me more about lead ingots
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BD didnt need to do that with 4 blade props
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So looks like the everyone is adding weight in the anchor lockers on the Rinkers? Anyone have luck with weight in anchor locker with a 270? And black diamond tell me more about lead ingots
    My new anchor rode installed last year has 50' of chain, not 200' like @Stodge (I'm not that rich) but I find even that made a difference. If you search the forum you will find the post from @Black_Diamond showing how he bought lead ingot weights and wrapped them up and stuck them in there.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    Before adding weight to the nose, check the spacer on the trim pistons. Although this diagram states that the spacer should be “aft” and should only be moved forward after testing the boat handling... my spacer is in the forward position so that I can trim the noise down more. When I had my new Bravo3 installed 2 years ago, the mechanic put the spacer in the aft position and my 270 porpoised like crazy and had a hard time getting on plane as well.... had him move it forward and problem was solved. Now that being said, I have also added weight to the anchor locker and she rides even better still.. 
  • Options
    Willhound said:
    My new anchor rode installed last year has 50' of chain, not 200' like @Stodge (I'm not that rich) but I find even that made a difference. If you search the forum you will find the post from @Black_Diamond showing how he bought lead ingot weights and wrapped them up and stuck them in there.
    It was $400 for 200 feet of chain.  

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry @Stodge I was trying to be funny. Not a dig. Best I could find in Canada was $4 a foot. Shipping was a big issue. Not many places carrying properly guaged chain. 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    @Willhound no worries.  I forgot you don't have access to the same things we do for the same price.  Actually have some boating friends who live in London and travel here by boat a couple times a year.  They will sometimes have things shipped to our house and we bring them to the marina they're staying at.

• Options
    Okla_BoatmanOkla_Boatman Member Posts: 1
    :D  Gold ingots are heavier than lead ingots for the same space used.  Just sayin'
  • Options
    The lead I added made a big difference. It basically counter weighted my dinghy and motor.  

I anchor out in choppy Lk Mich waters, all chain rode would have been a messy deal.  

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    The lead I added made a big difference. It basically counter weighted my dinghy and motor.  

I anchor out in choppy Lk Mich waters, all chain rode would have been a messy deal.  
    You might find the chain is better than a nylon line with snubber - if there's enough water under the boat. The chain will fall and sit on the bottom, pulling the boat forward. Then when there's a swell/chop the boat has to lift the weight of the chain up before there's a jolt.

A hundred feet of heavy chain in 20' of water is smooth right up until it's scary.