Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

x

• Options
    brianluckbrianluck Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    I enjoy a nice low speed cruise every now and then. its nice to know im not killing my self in fuel running off plane. 
    1994 300fv "General Madness"
  • Options
    brianluck, I hope to be able to post a whole bunch of data in a few days as we are going on a five day cruise. As Dream_Inn said on one of the threads the gph are really low at displacement cruise until you hit the "tipping point" at (varies by boat of course) about 1800rpm. With my 2013 twin 350 mags (non-catalyaed) I go from less than 3 gph at displacement to 22 gph per hour at planing (3400-3600) depending on the load. BIG difference! MT
  • Options
    OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Yes it does, but then you have to calculate the speed vs. time to determine best mileage. Distance to empty does all that for you sort to speak. The higher the miles to empty, the better the gas mileage, plain and simple. Of course this is assuming you are going a certain distance anyways. When I'm cruising at displacement speeds( 95% of the time) that tells me when I've passed the best speed to cruise at and I can adjust accordingly.
    Post edited by OldDogNewTrix on
    Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options
    brianluckbrianluck Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    I've been reading through this again and I have a quick question, are these fuel numbers per engine or combined?
    1994 300fv "General Madness"
  • Options
    edited November 2014

x