Options

2005 342 blower not working.

johnepjohnep Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
I just remembered an issue I had when pulling my boat out.  The blower would not turn on.  I did check power at the switch on the dash and it was fine.  The switch turned the power on but still no blower.  I think I aw a thread here about the fire suppression system  shuts the blower off.  Anyone been down this road before?  I would like to get a head start on trouble shooting this issue.  Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the extingusher charged??
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jump out the switch on it. Check for voltage at the blower motor
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    Check at the top of the fire extinguisher bottle -- connectors loose or corroded?  Unplug the two connectors and touch them together.  Does the blower run?
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ground for the blowers runs thru the fire ext.  idea is if the fire ext trips the blowers stop bringing in fresh air.  There are some old threads on this. 

I will say the plug connection on my 342 would get extremely hot with the blowers running. I removed the OEM plug and used pigtail connectors. Problem solved. 

I also had to run a new / separate ground wire from the fire ext to the light at the help. I’ll spare you the details...but that light will stay lit even with the fire ext discharged with the OEM ground. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI