Options

New Canadian Drinking and Driving (and Boating) Laws

2»

Comments

• Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Point is... With laws like these, it legalized targeting of unwanted.  This is all good and well until you're the unwanted.  A true democracy is an evil thing for this reason, amd the reason we're (US) a republic.  The first ten of the Constitution is the bill of rights and protection of individuals... They are glorious.  I wont face unlawful search and seizure ..i wont face justice without a trial while I get to face my accuser.. I wont be legally penalized for my speech, though my mouth gets me on the dark side of social acceptance often.  I can protect my family and property, with weapons if necessary, and to guard against tyranny of the government... People forget, for whatever convenient reason, the BoR limits the gov't, not her citizens. I've spilled and ive let blood in defense of this dang near peefect devise of governing... I'd do it again.  

Having laws on books thay infringe on these rights is allowed by the SCOTUS, and why many of our founders said the other two branches can ebb and flow as needed between liberal and conservative, bit the SCOTUS should always remain conservative... They defined conservative differently, meaning "careful, methodical, no wild leaps of concept".  Hopefully our SCOTUS will protect us from this kind of law, which perhaps not enforced is still there- and dangerous to liberty when it can be exercised as authority sees fit, not the citizenry.  Again... The constitution and the Canadian version outlines governments limitations, not ours... Our "leaders" as they call themselves when actually they are suits with a job to represent us, need to be reminded of this often..