Options

Locking cabin door

cls10105cls10105 Member Posts: 352 ✭✭
Hi guys, I can’t lock my cabin door from the inside on the 342 does anyone have any suggestions?
cruising on 6. tw0s

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, that switch has never slid up, lock works great from the outside and the latch is fine on both sides but the inside lock has never worked 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully someone will be able to explain it more clearly - we had the same issue on our 310 - and it involves a certain sequence with your key. If you turn your key a certain way - and remove it - it will prevent your slide from sliding and locking. Insert your key and turn it and remove the other way - the slide works. Like I said, I'm not being clear about it, but that's how ours has worked.
  • Options
    goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    I have had the same problem , if you unlock the door and turn the key too far then it will not allow you to lock it from the inside. you simply have to turn the lock (from the outside with the key) and this will allow you to lock door from the inside
  • Options
    cls10105cls10105 Member Posts: 352 ✭✭
    @goalie59 thanks man..going to the boat this weekend will try that. 
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's exactly it ... you will (or won't) be able to lock it from the inside, depending which way you turn the key hole. I think it's a safety feature, in case you have kids in the cabin, to avoid them accidentally locking themselves in.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"