Options

1995 Rinker Captiva 212 Bowrider Declaration of Conformity

LuisMirandaLuisMiranda Member Posts: 10
edited January 2019 in Rinker Support Q&A
I'm lokking for a Declaration of Conformity, with mesures, HIN and maximum power for my captiva 212, very urgent
Post edited by LuisMiranda on

Best Answers

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Send an email to Mallory Wagner with your HIN. She should be able to get you one. mwagner@rinkerboats.com
    Sorry, HIN= Hull number?
    Yes - Usually located (embossed) on the edge of the swim platform -- aft (rear) starboard (right) side of the hull. Make sure it matches what's on your paperwork.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Send an email to Mallory Wagner with your HIN. She should be able to get you one. mwagner@rinkerboats.com
    Sorry, HIN= Hull number?
    Yes, Hull Identification Number
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Do you know how long it usualy take to get an answer from Mallory? thks
    She is usually pretty quick.
    Go Steelers!!!

Answers

• Options
    It's usually under the helm.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    You probably won't find one.

Under the U.S. Coast Guard regs, a capacity plate is only required for boats less than 20 feet powered with an inboard, outboard, or stern drive engine manufactured after November 1, 1972, and must display a capacity plate defining the safe load limits. Since your boat is greater than 20 - no requirement for a capacity plate.

Now, for a "certification" plate,  don't know what Rinker was doing in 1995, but NMMA/ABYC certification is voluntary. So you might not have one. If you do, it's usually in the helm area.
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @LuisMiranda. Do you mean that you can't find the location? Or is it missing and you need it for registration? If missing, it'll be tougher. 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    TonyG13 said:

Under the U.S. Coast Guard regs, a capacity plate is only required for boats less than 20 feet powered with an inboard, outboard, or stern drive engine manufactured after November 1, 1972, and must display a capacity plate defining the safe load limits. Since your boat is greater than 20 - no requirement for a capacity plate.

Now, for a "certification" plate,  don't know what Rinker was doing in 1995, but NMMA/ABYC certification is voluntary. So you might not have one. If you do, it's usually in the helm area.
    My 1998 232cc had one. It was 8 people or 1750 lbs. Any 212 that I ever saw had one.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    It is only "required" by US regs for boats less than 20 feet. That doesn't mean a manufacturer can't voluntarily place one on a vessel. A lot of states require them in excess of federal regulations, so that could be why you see them on larger vessels.

Just sayin' not legally required (federally) in @LuisMiranda's situation.
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    @TonyG13 that assumes he's in the US. A plate is absolutely required in Canada and most of Europe. Most European countries also require a CE certification in order to register the vessel and legally operate it. Guess we'll have to see where he's from if he comes back.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    @Willhound - Agree! I already assumed US, so my bad.
  • Options
    Willhound said:
    Welcome @LuisMiranda. Do you mean that you can't find the location? Or is it missing and you need it for registration? If missing, it'll be tougher. 
    I Willhound, thks, I need it for registration... and I don't know what I can do...
  • Options
    TonyG13 said:

My 1998 232cc had one. It was 8 people or 1750 lbs. Any 212 that I ever saw had one.
    My don´t have and I need it!!! do you know how or were I can get one or some document with the same prupose?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @LuisMiranda - Are you in - and the boat is used in - U.S. waters?

If yes, then you can have a plate made. There are numerous on-line sources. Just beware you must supply accurate information. There are also on-line resources to tell you how to calculate the capacity of your specific boat to print out a proper plate.

Here is a place that makes plates (decals)...

https://www.replacementdecals.com/store/c/119-Create-Your-Own-Capacity-Decals.aspx

As to the validity of whether you can have a homemade capacity plate, please refer to this from the US Coast Guard Auxiliary...

http://help.cgaux.org/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/363/6/capacity-plate-requirement-on-boats
  • Options
    Another thought: If in the US, have you taken a safe boating course from either the US Coast Guard Auxiliary or the US Power Squadrons? Both have a section in their courses regarding capacity limits and how to calculate them.
  • Options
    TonyG13 said:
    @LuisMiranda - Are you in - and the boat is used in - U.S. waters?

If yes, then you can have a plate made. There are numerous on-line sources. Just beware you must supply accurate information. There are also on-line resources to tell you how to calculate the capacity of your specific boat to print out a proper plate.

Here is a place that makes plates (decals)...

https://www.replacementdecals.com/store/c/119-Create-Your-Own-Capacity-Decals.aspx

As to the validity of whether you can have a homemade capacity plate, please refer to this from the US Coast Guard Auxiliary...

http://help.cgaux.org/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/363/6/capacity-plate-requirement-on-boats
    No... I'm from Portugal... Europe, I realy need a valid source for the plate or official document can prove this capacity... for the registration
  • Options
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Sorry, HIN= Hull number?
  • Options
    Sorry, HIN= Hull number?
    Done... let's wait...
  • Options
  • Options
    She is usually pretty quick.
    No answer until now... :'(:'(:'(