Options

Shrinks wrap vs canvas cover?

Hello all relatively new to the forum and boating as a whole, bought a 2004 Rinker 192 Captiva at the end of August 2018 and after some “tuning” I love the boat... so much that I have gathered a small arsenal of upgrades I want to slap on, mostly misc stuff... like new speakers, take some graphics off, put new ones on.. etc. my question is that I currently have It shrink wrapped and outside.. would It be crazy if I was to take the wrap off and put on the snap In Canvas cover on so I can go in and out as I please? Any response is appreciated 

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on where you live. If it’s going to snow, I’d leave the shrink wrap on until the snow is done. Keep your nice snap in canvas out of the elements as long as possible and keep the snow weight off. If you have it shrink wrapped again have them put in a door if you think you want to do work, it’s not much more and you can re use the same door over and over for years.
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And even if shrink wrapped you can still install a door. You could either have someone install the proper shrink wrap door, or depending on where you live, you could cut an opening and install one of the plastic zipper doors they use to seal a room when dry-walling a house and seal the seams with Tuck tape. Not perfect but would work.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    strictlybliznesstrictlybliznes Member Posts: 46
    Interesting I never knew that was a option, I actually had a mobile wrapper come to me to shrink wrap it, I’m going to give them a call and see if that’s something they’d do. Appreciate the feedback. 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expect to pay around $80 to $100 to have them come do it. You can buy the door and a roll of tape for around half that. All they're going to do is tape it in anyway.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy a door and install it yourself. All you need is the door and tape.

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defender.com for the door and a roll of tape 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    strictlybliznesstrictlybliznes Member Posts: 46
    Wow, this is excellent, thank you all so much!